Board Logo

overseas flights
Massiven - 25-2-2008 at 14:05

hi folks,

anyone of you having experience with overseas flights to the states and carrying slotracing stuff?

cheers,
de Massiven aka. Mike

Big Al - 25-2-2008 at 14:32

Mike,

You cannot take ANY kind of equipment onto the plane as hand-luggage.. So you need a new toolbox of sorts, which has to go into your big suitcase.. Thats how I've succeeded in travelling for three years safely, and not losing anything.

Regards

Big Al

tamar - 25-2-2008 at 18:21

Cars, braids, tyres, motors, controllers, decals etc etc. These things will pass the security check's for European Flights but I would check for US bound flights as our friends across the pond are even more paranoid.

Better safe than sorry, anything rejected at the security gates is usually impounded.

Also when you do not have a direct flight be aware of different interpretations on security check's on different airports.
We flew to the 2006 Worlds in Barca via Zurich (don't ask why) I passed the Dutch control without any problems only to loose my Zippo lighter at the Swiss security check. :upset:

Massiven - 26-2-2008 at 06:11

ola,

thx a lot. So it would be better to collect as much informations about security checks as possible.

Cheers,
mike

Big Al - 26-2-2008 at 06:43

Mike, don't "try" get away with anything dude.. Never mind Security checks.. Put EVERYTHING in a solid box INSIDE your big suitcase.. Walk onto the plane with a Magazine kind of thing.

Al