Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: overseas flights
  Post new thread Poll:  
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 25-2-2008 at 14:05 Reply With Quote
overseas flights

hi folks,

anyone of you having experience with overseas flights to the states and carrying slotracing stuff?

cheers,
de Massiven aka. Mike
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 25-2-2008 at 14:32 Reply With Quote

Mike,

You cannot take ANY kind of equipment onto the plane as hand-luggage.. So you need a new toolbox of sorts, which has to go into your big suitcase.. Thats how I've succeeded in travelling for three years safely, and not losing anything.

Regards

Big Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 25-2-2008 at 18:21 Reply With Quote
I second that

Cars, braids, tyres, motors, controllers, decals etc etc. These things will pass the security check's for European Flights but I would check for US bound flights as our friends across the pond are even more paranoid.

Better safe than sorry, anything rejected at the security gates is usually impounded.

Also when you do not have a direct flight be aware of different interpretations on security check's on different airports.
We flew to the 2006 Worlds in Barca via Zurich (don't ask why) I passed the Dutch control without any problems only to loose my Zippo lighter at the Swiss security check. :upset:

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 26-2-2008 at 06:11 Reply With Quote

ola,

thx a lot. So it would be better to collect as much informations about security checks as possible.

Cheers,
mike
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 26-2-2008 at 06:43 Reply With Quote

Mike, don't "try" get away with anything dude.. Never mind Security checks.. Put EVERYTHING in a solid box INSIDE your big suitcase.. Walk onto the plane with a Magazine kind of thing.

Al
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top