race 2 ecc

heb weer een fantasties weekend gehad

lekker veel gereden .....

er is toch iets wat mij aan het hart gaat

de marchalls en de wedstrijdleiding :
er wordt slecht gereageerd door de marchal of verkeerd ingezet en dan krijgt de
rijder een waarschuwing van de wedstrijdleiding
persoonlijk vind ik dit de omgekeerde wereld

ik loop al een tijdje mee in deze wereld(25 jaar) maar er zijn nog steeds mensen
die niet weten hoe ze bij een uitvlieger van meerdere auto's moeten reageren
en welke auto er als eerste er weer in moet (het kan nooit zo zijn dat de auto
die de uitvlieger veroorzaakt er als eerste weer in staat)
het viel mij ook op dat er marchals bezig waren met hele andere dingen dan
op hun bocht letten bv. naar het ronde scherm kijken ,iets drinken, iets eten
mijn mening is dat de wedstrijdleiding daar wat aan moet doen en niet de rijder
die in het heetst van de strijd iets tegen de niet oplettende marchal wat roept of
toewenst te bestrafen.:upset:

verder vindt ik dat een wedstrijd leider wat beter op de track cals van de rijders moet
reageren ,de rijder roept 9 van de 10 keer niet voor niks ,ik blijf er wel bij dat de rijder
er zelf vaak uitvliegt ,ook al wordt de wedstrijdleider er nog zo moe van er zijn zat
oplossingen om wat aan de vele uitvliegers te doen bv. tot het manen tot wat rustiger
rijgedrag , mijn mening is dat een wedstrijdleider die niet tegen de track cals kan er
niet moet gaan zitten.:D

verder viel mij op dat er rijders zijn die 40/50 rondes achter liggen nog het rijders die aan
de leiding gaan moeilijk maken om in te halen met uitvliegers tot gevolg :upset:
persoonlijk vind ik dit niet kunnen je kan ook even je gas los laten op een recht stuk of even
wat vroeger remmen
begrijp mij niet verkeert als je strijd om een positie is wat mij betreft bijna alles toegestaan...

met vriendelijke groet remco team virage :car:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gecko-Racing

Mood: keep on Racing...
posted on 31-3-2008 at 12:59 Reply With Quote

Pics are online...

W K R

Michael
Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 31-3-2008 at 17:56 Reply With Quote

Hi all,
Thnx for a great weekend to our race friends and a special thanks to the local organizers that had put together a superb race. A great race venue, great food, more than enough beer and a kind staff that gave us all the service in the world! Hers some pix from my camera to document the whole race, seen thru “my eyes”. The album should also contain all teams at the prize ceremony.

EEC #2 08

CU all soon in Alsdorf!

Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
sloefspeed

Mood: No Mood
posted on 31-3-2008 at 21:47 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolf
Hi all,
Thnx for a great weekend to our race friends and a special thanks to the local organizers that had put together a superb race. A great race venue, great food, more than enough beer and a kind staff that gave us all the service in the world! Hers some pix from my camera to document the whole race, seen thru “my eyes”.

Hey thanks Rolf, it is fine to hear that at least some teams enjoyed the race and the venue. I don't know yet if there will be a 2009 edition counting towards the EEC, seems a bit doubtfull at the moment since some teams didn't like the race for various reasons, but the teams that enjoyed the race will certainly be invited for our own 24 hour-race next year.

Thanks again for the nice comments, and for racing @ Merlijn

CU @ Alsdrof

Raymond
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 1-4-2008 at 06:30 Reply With Quote
TRACK , DOUBLE, TERROR, KAOS. STOP. all means the same thing HIT THE BUTTON!!!!!!!

what an event.
I personally experienced something really new.
24hrs of fun :laugh::laugh::laugh: and bad luck !:cry::cry::cry:
But i do not only see the negative as the experience also taught me very many lessons.
But i must say, i was none the less impressed by everything that went down.
The track was not as bad as I had expected, in fact it was really fun to drive and we had a few good fights and put in some really good lap times ( 6.5sec ). In the 2nd day section our smashed car was really flying !! contrary to what one person in particular had to say - here i say look and analyse the laps and the lap times from begining to END and then make remarks.
The motors were fine I raced in the top and in the second groups and never felt that there was a huge staight line speed difference. The laptime differences were due to poor training and poorly built/set up race cars.
The marshalling was the only thing that was not perfect imho, there was a general lack or loss of concentration, it was sometimes hard to see where cars de-slotted and the -TRACK-KAOS-TERROR button was too often hit way too late and too often not hit at all. On a track that is a little more complex to race than others, and on which cars with hundreds of man hours invested are raced, the Marshalling is of utmost importance and when marshalls and racers collectively SCREAM TRACK, the man controlling the button should not sleep, hesitate, question or discuss before hitting that dang button.

Where were the "External night Marshalls" ??????????????????????????????????????
Every one could have used a little sleep........

Any way,

TRACK , DOUBLE, TERROR, KAOS all means the same thing HIT THE BUTTON!!!!!!!ACT FIRST QUESTION LATER :m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16::m16:

Not everybody had as much bad luck as i had, it was just not my race, but that is my problem. I still had fun :laugh::laugh::laugh: , and I still feel that the 1200km driven and all the time and cash spent was well invested.

Oh btw, here's my crash_smash list.
3 x Lost/fix Spoiler
1 x Lost/fix windsheild
3 x Body detach....
1 x Lost front spoiler
2 x Lost side sills
1 x Lost diffusor
1 x Brocken Spur gear
1 X Burnt out light kit
2 x Bent wheels

Considering all that, 10th place was a great result :holy
But i still apologise for being a dissapointment and not perfoming as expected.

Thanks to my fellow racers for putting up with the stress and the hassle and for the F F F R (fair fast and furious racing).

The service was impeccable, and again I say a big thanks and Bravo to the catering team who
just made us all feel as if we were at home in our own kitchens ;) ;) ;)

My pix will be online soon.....
now.... Click the Pic for more pix.....

@Rolf and MvB - your pics are great!!
Best Regards,
Fola C U in Adf!!!!

1 more thing, - Thanks for the Concours award, i feel that i deserved it but feel even more that the Racers alone are the ones to decide who gets the tropphy .

Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 1-4-2008 at 07:42 Reply With Quote

Must say that the track calls was confusing for one that still a rookie, but that’s not only due to late pushing of the track button. In my opinion there are also too many racers calling for a track when it’s no reason for the call. If you deslot in a corner there is no reason in the world for a track call. On this track only desloting on the straight and two cars in the same lane should justify a track call (call it what you like, but a simple loud and clear “track” should be enough). In my opinion also three or more cars piling up in a corner would justify a track call since the marshal only got two arms. That call should of course com from the marshal and not the racers.

I must say I saw to many unjust calls for track, and also have to say that many of them were shouted in the last heat of every round (read the heat with the best drivers). I’ll understand the tension and all that, but I do not like the feeling that racers are speculating in a track call for a simple deslot. That said, when the track call comes, the button should be pushed at once without any hesitation. If the race direction judges that the call is unjust, give the team a warning. If it is happening again give them a penalty, if it still happened just escalate the penalty, and if the team just can’t stop show them the door and send them out. That simple and probably also that difficult ;)

Regds
Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
Kaitsu

posted on 1-4-2008 at 08:11 Reply With Quote

Thank you very much to all organizers and racers for this great weekend.

Very special thanks to Raymond and his lovely wife and his family. They were so absolutely kindly and helpful for us.

I really liked the track. Simply but challenging layout. Especially "S" at the end of the main straight. No problems with barries, deadstrips, braids etc.

See Ya in Alsdorf!

Regards
Kai
Scuderia Kaitserrari
dba

posted on 1-4-2008 at 11:13 Reply With Quote

Hi, first of al thanks to all the teams present for the nice race .
As a rookie in the EEc i was glad to see some familiar faces from old times.

As responsable for the pc counter :comp: i do understand that track calls are needed. But I do agree with rolf that some calls where absolutely not necessary and that you then get that after X-times a false track call you don't react on a real one or are just late to react. On the other races we had on the track we clearly specified that track was only allowed on both straights in front of the racers and when a car left the track.

So maybe next race just put it in the "briefing".

And a special thanks for the guys helping our team with the pignon that got stuck agains the engine and the super comments about the silent porsche will try to make an even faster one for alsdorf :-)
iceracer

posted on 1-4-2008 at 20:15 Reply With Quote

Holly cow, that car looks like it got dropped down an elevator shaft.
Note to self; bring many bodies to europe, these boys play rough.... ;)
remco

Mood: member off speed 74
posted on 1-4-2008 at 20:22 Reply With Quote

engels version first topic :
race 2 ecc

fantasties have had weekend

nicely much driven .....

there is nevertheless something what me goes to the heart

the marchalls and the game control:
it is reacted badly by the marchal or found oneself used and then gets
of the a warning of the game control
I find this the reversed world personally

I walk along already tijdje in this world (25 years) but there am still people
that do not know how they must react at uitvlieger of several cars
and which car must as first there (it can never this way be that the car
the those uitvlieger cause there as first able)
it was notable me also that there were marchals busy with complete other things then
to their turning pay attention e.g. to the round baffle, something, something look at drinking food
my opinion is that the game control there what must put on and not of the
that in the hottest of the fight something against the not attentive marchal what calls or
wishes at punishing.

furthermore find I that a game LEADER what improves cals of the rijders on the track must
to react, of the does not call 9 of 10 the time for nothing, I remain, however, that of the
there itself uitvliegt, also already the game LEADER frequently becomes there of it still this way tired its zat
solutions to the vele uitvliegers what to do e.g. to reminding to what quieter
driving behaviour, my opinion are that a game LEADER who cannot cals against the track there
does not have sit will.

furthermore was notable me that there rijders are those 40/50 rounds behind to lie still it rijders who to
the control to will difficult turn to catch up with with uitvliegers into consequence
I do not find this personally am possible you can also even your gas loose leave on a right piece or just as
what in former days slows down
understand me does not find oneself if you fight for a position is what concerns me almost everything permitted…

kind regards remco team virage

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
remco

Mood: member off speed 74
posted on 1-4-2008 at 20:26 Reply With Quote

JP

I am still not even it with what you write down you Internet site concerning my NO Legal calls

What wants you then if there car will sit twice in a job you then net this way long wait with on the bud to press to a car in the boarding hangs with

As a consequence that the car can be written down then is you rapidly ready with a race, I do not think that this is the intention of our hobby where people

A lot of hours put in building beautiful car

If you another opinion has been allocated very well, but I think that you are the only own
see the lms site

I a lot has conducted games if but I have game LEADER never or during a game as much comment have as you the previous weekend

But I am open for other suggestions

I find it as a matter of fact, however, nice that you offer your excuus after the race and , on your Internet site pissing me off then is you a real centelman .....

With pleasant groet Remco van Waaij

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top