Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Body Talk: Nick de Wachter Parts new kit Peugeot 908
  Post new thread Poll:  
JustMe

driver.gif posted on 4-7-2008 at 11:34 Reply With Quote
Nick de Wachter Parts new kit Peugeot 908

Hello everyone,

At the IMCA Worlds in a few weeks I'll present my new kit, code-named "Cali", and it's the Peugeot 908 HDI FAB in sprint configuration, meaning extra added louvres over the front wheels.
I also made the rear wheel housings a bit wider, so that a standard Procomp (3) wheel with JP gear fits in the housing without the need of a superugly 'sparewheel housing'.
On top of that I narrowed the size of the arch slightly, so that the 27,6 Procomp 3 wheels really fill the arch nicely.
Of course it's a superlow car, but if you''re chassis has a gap for the Proslot motor, it all should fit. Not that you much room to play with but hey :bounc:
the guide will have to be set really short, but it should all be do-able.
It's a one (very big) piece body.

I got a few bodies out the mold allready, and they look great. Sorry that I don't have a camera yet, but that'll come. I just have to make the final parts such as rubber wingsupports etc.
The IMCA worlds is also the date I will start shipping them out to whoever's interested, but you can put yourself on the list at nickdewachterparts@live.nl.
It's the same 150 euro as always, kit containing a carbon body, wheelinserts, lexan window and interior, wingsupports, mirrors and diffuser from rubber, and a rear wing.

Cheers, Nick

JustMe

posted on 5-7-2008 at 08:30 Reply With Quote
Small update

No sorry no cam yet :D
But, I've testfitted a chassis under one of the 908's, and it turns out that the Proslot will even fit if the motor is not sunk into the chassis. It'll be very tight but... With the SLP Í'm doing now, I only have to cut about a milimeter off of the rear axles holders, and that's it. The spurgear easily fits in the housing, I guess I could even get the wider Scaleauto gear in there. The guide will be tight, but untill I make the definitive chassis I can't tell you exactly how tight it will be, but since I raised the back-end of the splitter a tiny bit, the front of the guide should just be able to pass underneath :car:
but first, laminate some more :laugh:

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top