Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 1-1-1970 at 00:00 Reply With Quote
Scaleauto rules

Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 27-6-2013 at 09:00 Reply With Quote

Tamar,
Sorry for the very, very late reply on your useful thoughts on your Scaleauto rules.

The slot scene in Oslo is very much alive. The Damstredet club is running well with 15-20 members. Around 11 of us is racing in the Scaleauto class in addition to our 1:32 F1 series. We also plan to extend the 1:24 track a bit to ad 2.7 m to the main straight.

Our rule set is not as extensive as yours. We have a minimum weight of 205 gr, max spur of 80.5 mm. And you are not allowed to change the original axel holders. The last meaning the minimum ground clearance is a bit more than 1.3 mm. We have allowed lexan interior and windows in the M3 and the Jag, but no lexan at all in the other cars. The motor is the SC-25B sprinter. The rear wheels the SC-2421P Procomp 3. The fronts are the SC-2715P.

With these rather simple rules we have managed to keep things at a pretty even level. But with the new R8 and the Z4 I’ll see we have to do something with the minimum weight. The R8 with the new chassis will not be able to get down to 205 gr with original interior and windows.

I will this fall test the Z4 for the first time and the R8 will be tested with lexan interior. It is very well possible that I’ll adapt your weight table. I might also have to increase the max rear spur at the same time.

We have now been racing the Scaleauto cars for more than one year. And I must say that the concept is very good. It is a rather easy class to adapt to for beginners and the more experienced also have a lot of fun.

I’ll sure miss some international racing, but we do plan to run the last round of the Danish Endurance Series in September. Hopefully that will kick start some more international racing in the years to come!

Cheers
Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top