Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: New Danish NASCAR (IMCA rules) series
  Post new thread Poll:  
Paal

Mood: Dont Worry Be Happy
posted on 29-12-2003 at 15:01 Reply With Quote
New Danish NASCAR (IMCA rules) series

Hi Tamar,

I know the LMS forum might not be the right place to publish this, but by public demand we will be starting a IMCA rules NASCAR series in Denmark.

After our IMCA X-mas report everyone has gone apes about NASCAR!

The strange thing is that we now have more than 19 different people who are building or starting to purchase parts to build cars. And it was the active slotracers that asked us to organise a race series for 1/24 NASCARS after reading our IMCA X-Mas race report. We have even gotten some guyes into this who would never have ventured into 1/24.

What I´m trying to say is that as strange as it may seem, a NASCAR 1/24 series has more general interest than our FIA GT series or our Le Mans Sportscar Cup. This has taken me by surprise. I think the reason for this is the versatility of the racing fields and the fact that every racer will get their own reserved livery for the whole of our 8 race 2004 series.

The latest development is that we might run a Danish National for NASCARs at the expense of the FIA GT concept, though nothing is final on that count yet. Of the 24 entries for the Danish Nationals FIA GT cup that we have, 2/3 are pro NASCAR. Strange world.

I will publish the exact dates of our races as soon as the calender is final, and of course all you guys from Holland, Belgium and Germany are more than welcome at our races, also at our Nationals!

Best regards and a Happy New Year to ALL

Pål Hanson:coke:

Paal Hanson

Vikings Scaleracing Club, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 30-12-2003 at 03:59 Reply With Quote
Crazy Danes

Hello Pål
Always knew that Danes were a bit funny...must be that Viking blood.....prefering a boat over a nice sportscar :D
But hey, ...if you Vikings like it..go for it ;)

Come to think of it Nascar's might not be such a bad choice to kick start a new Danish series.

With the current rules there won't be too much difference between the various models, they're relatively cheap and have lots and lots of different color schemes.

Hand out Motors and Tyres will benefit new comers
(you've got the address of Salvatore for the NSR wheels?)
There's only one thing that I would change compared to the IMCA rules.

I would change the gear ratios from 12-42/43 to 12-42/44.
This way those who do not want to pay big bucks for the Scaleauto gears can also use the narrow Sigma's

Don't worry about posting Nascar stuff on the LMS forum, Danes and Aussies are just what we need to ad some spice to the place.
If it gets out of hand I can always create a seperate Nascar subforum.... and call it " Not the 1/24 Le Mans Series" :laugh:

And don't give up on those FIA GT's yet, if Nascar rules the Danish sprints you can always use the GT's for a Team Endurance. :):):):)

de betse hilder and CU in 2004.

Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paal

Mood: Dont Worry Be Happy
posted on 30-12-2003 at 08:51 Reply With Quote

Hi Tamar,

Well the FIA GT Danish Nationals will run on february 27 and 28, but we might also run a Nascar at the same race.

I think I will alow for both 12/42, 12/43 and 12/44 as you suggest, no big difference anyway.

Back to the crazy Danes:cool: With two previous Le Mans winners, one winning no less than five times by now I also find it hard to belive that we can´t get an LMS series underway. However the feedback I get is that NASCARs gives people an fairly equal base to start at, as you yourself point out. This way the racers hope to have a better chance because it will depend more on the driver than the equipment. No we both know this to be only a relative truth, but hey, if it can kick start 1/24 model car racing in Denmark I´m all for it.

As we have had severe problems getting Motor Modern chassis over the past 5 months, people are ordering PlaFits in Germany, so very soon there will be another 10-15 drivers out there with PlaFits.

Hopefully more Danes will be pro racing in international/European events as well so we can come out and learn some more from series like the LMS etc.

De bedste hilsener til jer i LMS:D CU in 2004
Pål

Paal Hanson

Vikings Scaleracing Club, Denmark
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 30-12-2003 at 18:39 Reply With Quote
Danes of Thunder

Hello Pål
Well it looks like your activities as "Danes of Thunder" have put you in the position of Torch bearers of Danish Modelcar racing.

Most important task for you guys will be to keep the momentum going, provide information on what makes a modelcar tick, and make sure that the parts your racers need to be competitive will be available for all.

Concerning the FIA GT's you might want to reconsider, as there is a danger that running a second sprint Series might be counter productive.

As you mentioned you have but a small group of racers to fill the grids.
As costs will double and personal taste comes into play it might divide the grids instead of making them grow.

However you could do a D(anish)LMS and run GT's and Prototypes in team (short)endurances.
This way the two series would be complementary!!!

Costs would be divided over the whole team, Carrera bodies are as sturdy as Nascars (as heavy too) and the latest versions come with (rudimentary) working lights.

A Danish team would be more than welcome at the LMS Blue King 24hrs and/or the EPC at Le Mans (and visit the 24hrs afterwards)
Now it that won't inspire you guys to get into sporst(model)cars........
.....nothing will
:laugh:

Keep up the good work

With kind regards
Tamar
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top