Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: ProSlot Euro Competition Motor
  Post new thread Poll:  
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 8-2-2008 at 08:27 Reply With Quote
ProSlot Euro Competition Motor

Hi folks,

just asking myself if the ProSlot Euro Competition Motor is already for sale. Could somebody please give me the ProSlot part number? Should be something like PS-40xx.

Cheers,
Mike
2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
posted on 8-2-2008 at 10:41 Reply With Quote

It it not really commerciably available - as it it is supposed to be a competition motor ONLY. To be handed out at IMCA events and returned after the events - returned to ProSlot for re-furbishing.

I have, however, ordered a number of them from Dan Debella, they will be available at cost for practise and set-up purposes only.

I charge DKK 250 (35€) each + plus shipping.

Please send me an email to henrik@scaleracing.dk

Best regards
Henrik
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
soper3140

Mood: No Mood
posted on 8-2-2008 at 10:54 Reply With Quote

Hi Mike,

I found this in a German Shop

http://www.slot-car-racing-shop.de/epages/61453911.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61453911/Products/%22ProSlot%20Euro%20PS-4002-IMC A%20Motor%22
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 8-2-2008 at 15:04 Reply With Quote

Hiho.

I got confirmation from Markus (owner of the A96 Slotcarshop). I'ts the motor used at IMCA races. He only got 20 from Dan. I ordered 2 of them now (1 for Psycho Seif and 1 for me). Otherwise it would be impossible for us to find the car setups for the worlds 2008. They cost 35€ there too. Heavy price!

How do they feel these motors? How much RPM do they have? Are they comparable to the old ones?

Cheers,
Mike
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 28-2-2008 at 17:10 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Massiven
Hiho.

I got confirmation from Markus (owner of the A96 Slotcarshop). I'ts the motor used at IMCA races. He only got 20 from Dan. I ordered 2 of them now (1 for Psycho Seif and 1 for me). Otherwise it would be impossible for us to find the car setups for the worlds 2008. They cost 35€ there too. Heavy price!

How do they feel these motors? How much RPM do they have? Are they comparable to the old ones?

Cheers,
Mike

Hello Mike, hello all
I talked to Dan Debella (Pro Slot) and the Official name for the motor is the ProSlot PS-4000-IMCA. The 35€ is a hefty pricetag but with the IMCA spec's (american arm, matched magnets, thicker can and ballbearing on the pinion side) the motor is more than worth it. It will last longer and should it start to wear, you can always send the motor back to Proslot for refurbishment (cutting the comm, rebalancing, realignement and new brushes) for something like 15-20$

Although it was not part of the motivations for the IMCA spec's (which were more equality and better endurance) the S-4000-IMCA has a much better torque and efficiency.

When we used the motors ifor the first time in Olso its performance was in fact so much better that it upset the carefully created balance of the weight calculator.
At 14.2 volts it had no problem dragging 229 gr heavy cars around the track. Where as the old motor got hot and died on you if you got above the 218 -220 gram.

We're now considering (and testing) running the motor at less than 14volts for future events.

I've attached the dyno test Dan did on the first batch of IMCA motor's.

Attachment: IMCA Random Pull Chart.pdf (27.26kb)
This file has been downloaded 1129 times

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top