Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Body Talk: Nick de Wachter Parts
  Post new thread Poll:  
JustMe

posted on 19-3-2008 at 10:33 Reply With Quote
Nick de Wachter Parts

Hello everyone,

Since one week Nick de Wachter Parts has become an official business :D selling slotrace bodies and parts in the well known quality I always try to provide. In two weeks I'll have a taxnumber and then I'm rolling ;)
An internet site will follow asap, and will post again when it's up. Until it's up orders can be made through normal email, to either Justme_Nick_de_Wachter@hotmail.com or nickdewachterparts@live.nl.
Just in short, bodies that I have availeble are the Murcie R-GT "('Melanie'), the MC12 ('Brigit'), the F430 GT2 ('Tamara') and now soon the below mentioned 997 RSR ('Jolanda').
The girls names are to avoid serios trouble with the 1/1 car brands, as for the rights and copyrights etc etc. So instead of calling a Maserati in my shop a Maserati MC11 or something foolish like that, I've reached back to the old RFH style in naming your 'girl'. :D

To open my business on a high, I've been building a Porsche 997 RSR Master these last weeks, so the 'Stigs" can race one in Merlijn as a debut, and where I'm gonna try to bring as many kits as I can, but the timeschedule this week will make it difficult to bring more then 2, maybe 3.
It measures 82,3 rear spur, and 81,3 front spur, has enough space in the wheelhousings to house the standard size wheels, and it's probably one of the easiest kits to build so far, as only the wing and supports, windows and interior are seperate parts, everything else is in the one-piece laminated body. Price is as always 150 Euro.
Enjoy :car:

JustMe

posted on 24-3-2008 at 19:45 Reply With Quote
impossible???

Hey everyone,

Just a short update on the 997 :D
I've been incredibly busy making the interior and window masters, but the coolest thing was that yesterday Tamar and I spoke about the clearly present and visible rollcage in the Porsche, and how to copy the one I made, and Tamar suggested to go for the easy way, to cut it in 3 pieces, and copy those flat.

:D But, no easy way for me.
Copying a rollbar in one piece has been deemed nearly impossible without eiter a vacuum chamber or more advanced equipment, but I've been having some ideas last weeks on how to do it. The trigger was Tamar, saying again that it couldn't be done.
:D Well, there's no better way to get me determent!

And although it cost me half the night to think out the details, 14:00h today I made the first one-piece copy of my rollcage :bounc: Of course I broke it half an hour later, not paying attention when I put a heavy roll of duck-tape on my table, right on my precious little rollbar.... :comp1: But I can always poor me a new one!!! :laugh:

Rubber wing supports are looking cool, together with the wing. Today I finished the window masters. Must say that when I put the car on its chassis, it looks just like the little fat Porsches at Spa :D

Oh, and in the mean time I've painted a Carrera Audi R10 Diesel for a friend, in 2007 colours :cool:

Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 25-3-2008 at 06:13 Reply With Quote

Nick, whats the secret to molding the rollbar?

Regards

Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

biggrin.gif posted on 25-3-2008 at 18:01 Reply With Quote
Hey All

just get cracking on it, sorry, not gonna tell people how to do the tricks I do, gotta make a livin dude :laugh:

fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 25-3-2008 at 20:28 Reply With Quote

sloefspeed

posted on 26-3-2008 at 00:10 Reply With Quote

Hey Fola,

what's the use of the chopped version? Apart from being lower of course... I figured that out already...

CU

Raymond
Big Al

posted on 26-3-2008 at 06:16 Reply With Quote

Mmmm..
Okay.

Thanks for the Pic Fola, very clever, and good work there.

Regards

Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 26-3-2008 at 07:01 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by sloefspeed
Hey Fola,

what's the use of the chopped version? Apart from being lower of course... I figured that out already...

CU

Raymond

Just looks better, the hiro kit is a bit on the HI side and the modification lowers the roof
and slants the A pillaers a bit more. Just looks and -1mm.
Know me.... sucker for detail....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fola

Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 26-3-2008 at 07:46 Reply With Quote

Fola,

I know you for a while know but every day I look at your pics I must say:

U R CRAZY DUDE!

:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy

cheers,
de Massiven
fola

posted on 26-3-2008 at 09:42 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Massiven
Fola,

I know you for a while know but every day I look at your pics I must say:

U R CRAZY DUDE!

:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy

cheers,
de Massiven

Yeah, I know :bounc:
here are some more pics that confirm my right to an insanity plea.

sorry.....:cry::cry::cry:

phil_the_spoiler_killer

posted on 2-4-2008 at 05:30 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Origineel gepost door JustMe
just get cracking on it, sorry, not gonna tell people how to do the tricks I do, gotta make a livin dude :laugh:

This kind of attitude makes me :puke::puke::puke:
JustMe

posted on 2-4-2008 at 21:54 Reply With Quote

jealous? :D

Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 3-4-2008 at 05:56 Reply With Quote

good answer nick!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers,
mike
phil_the_spoiler_killer

posted on 3-4-2008 at 17:45 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Origineel gepost door JustMe
jealous? :D

Jealous, yeah right.

Anyway, I didn't expect a decent reply to my post...

We make resin models since the time you probably were still wearing your diapers.
And here's my point : I thought this was a forum for slotracers who want to pratice their hobby and can ask questions and share ideas to improve their own skills. But it seems that the mentality "ikke ikke en de rest kan stikke" rules by some of the members of the board.
That is a pity, because slotracing is a fine HOBBY. (and no, you can't win $250000 each race, like some racers pretend)
So to every slotracer who is struggling with making resin/epoxy models (and roll-cages) and decals, I will be happy to help you out and tell you "my tricks".
Big Al

posted on 3-4-2008 at 18:18 Reply With Quote

Phil, I can NEVER learn enough.. :holy
Having seen some of the fine work from the DPM series, I have marvelled for hours at some of the detail on those cars..
While I myself am still learning, there are some very talented guys out there, very far ahead of where I am right now, but, it would be nice to understand the mechanics of how you would extract a 3 dimensional rollcage out of a block of silicone.. I saw Folas, and I'm STILL wondering.. Gonna give it a good attempt tho..

Regards

Big Al
fola

posted on 3-4-2008 at 18:59 Reply With Quote

GUYS That pic was just a teaser I DID NOT MAKE IT !!!
was a pic of a cage I bought from rennaisance models...
It must be hard to do, I am still wondering......

Peace!
Fola
JustMe

pimpflash.gif posted on 3-4-2008 at 20:24 Reply With Quote
Obviously jealous

Sorry Phil,
But ehh, show us some tricks????? Didn't see much of your 'tricks'.

To translate: 'ikke ikke ikke en de rest kan stikke' means 'me me me and me alone'.
Must say that I thought that RFH was one of the first on this website to show and post topics on how to copy/laminate bodies, so please dont come and say I/we never show anything.

Every material I use is just availeble in the shops, and if you are to busy time-wise, don't want to spend time and money to learn, or just incapable Phil, just order them at NickdeWachterParts. If these options are not desirable for you, then either build it or shut up.

Goodluck with whichever option you choose.

Keld Hoefler

Mood: making my 5.th woodtrack
posted on 3-4-2008 at 22:19 Reply With Quote

I can understand Phil, if we share, a lot of guys will make different cars and parts, to everybodys best, and if we share our knowledge all the cars will be better and in the end a benefit for everybody.

On the other hand I also understand why Nick dont want to share, because he try to earn some money on his fine work, that also OK.

But even that I make some cars (Lola T165 and Matra 630), I dont think that I wanna make more, simply because I dont have time to laminate etc.
so I dont gonna use that tip, but maybe I could use it some time in the future making something else.

So even if I know I will still buy my cars and the parts that I not allready have the silicone form to make from.

Keld
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 4-4-2008 at 12:41 Reply With Quote

I think it would be real nice to see who the fu.. Phil_The_Spoiler-Killer is?? He must obviously be someone of Nordic or Scandinavian breed as the line he writes could be Danish or Norwegian.

I make some laminated bodies, thanks to the technology sharing of the likes of RfH (Especially Nick and Tamar), Fola and anyone else I have discussed how to do etc. with over he past few years.

Like Keld I neither have the time or the dessire to make bodies on a commercial basis, but I do get ideas by looking at the kits other guys make. But of course Nick has to protect his own business, I sure understand and accept that.

But, back to the first paragraph: Why is it even allowed to be anonymeous on the forum, the Danish Scalerace forum did away with that posibility some time ago, and it works for everyone knows who shouts idiot at someone else:laugh:

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
Keld Hoefler

Mood: making my 5.th woodtrack
posted on 4-4-2008 at 15:58 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Whitemouse
I think it would be real nice to see who the fu.. Phil_The_Spoiler-Killer is?? He must obviously be someone of Nordic or Scandinavian breed as the line he writes could be Danish or Norwegian.

Phillippe is from Belgium, HRT racing http://www.slotracinglemans.com/newforum/viewthread.php?tid=1148#pid6576

not a dane or a norwegian
JustMe

posted on 5-4-2008 at 00:03 Reply With Quote
Look

I may have been a bit rude to whichever Phil this is. Sorry.
But in my view, every carbody in the EEC for instance, except the Corvette and Astons in GT1, are originating from RFH and Nick de Wachter Parts (how's that for not sharing?). As Pal said there a few people who laminate bodies, and those may have been helped by our advise in the past, but would probably have learned how to do it anyway. It's not like I'm holding a one-off key to succes or something that I now would hold back from anyone.

I can remember several years back, we where laughed at for hard-headedly keeping to race our GFK bodies at the time, which broke every single time and again. Now here we are having found a formula which works for copying GT's for racing the way we do. Tamar just hasn't got the time and interest to make these kits widely available, and I just did.
And then I don't think it's that strange that I would want some money for it, cause making the originals for every little part even aside the bare body, does take much much more time then anyone would think.
Quite simple: Go to any other manufacturor of slotracing parts, or off anything else for that matter, and they'll never explain everything in total to you, as I won't either. You want their body/stuff, you either buy it with money or in some exceptional cases, you can make a trade-off with parts, like I did with Big Al and his 430 GT body, which he gave me for giving him some other stuff.

I look at Fola's gallery a lot for instance, and only have respect for what he does. If in this case he would have been the one having made the rollcage first, you think I'd just ask him how he did it? And if I did and got the same reaction I gave, I'd be mad? :m16: Hell no, I'd stay up all week if necessary to try and make it happen if I was so frustrated as Phil :holy

Please, let's stop this farpissing-contest, and just keep practising our hobby, which in my personal case I've been able to make a partial job from. By the way I managed to copy photo-etched brakediscs now too, being 0,1 mm thick when copied, so I won't be without discs anymore at the race having forgot to order them in time :D

phil_the_spoiler_killer

posted on 5-4-2008 at 09:03 Reply With Quote

One last remark from the "jealous" guy... (and then I'll shut up)

Maybe I'm not clear enough.

You guys from RFH make nice things, no question about that. I' ve seen several cars and they are fine models.
And if you want to make a business of it, OK, do it. But please don't come to an open forum with an attitude : look what I made, and I won't tell you how it's done...
Just put it on to your webshop, put a price tag on it and sell it.
Besides, I don't think it will harm your business, if you put the procedure on the board. Because most of the people who practise slotracing will buy it, if they need it.
Not everybody has the possiblity (time, place, material, nerves...) to build bodies and pieces this way.
And another thing : if you are trying to make a living of this, I think you better reconsider, because I don't think this business will put food on the table or make you rich.
(on the other hand, if it does, well lucky for you)

The second reason why I posted a comment like this on the board, was another "conflict" with one of my friends (college-slotter) and someone of RFH crew.
A while ago he asked for the decals for an Aston Martin (read : he wanted to BUY them), because he had only 2 weeks before a slotracing event, and there was no time left to make them ourselves.
If one gets an answer in a way of "there is only one livery of that Aston, it is standing here on my desk, and that's the only place for it", well, in my eyes, that is not a nice attidude.

You don't have to tell me how much work there is to make a mold and laminate bodies, make pieces etc...
Believe me, I know. But that is my hobby, and I am willing to sacrifice my time on it, just like you.
I don't sell my laminated bodies and parts (except for a few special requests, which were charged at 50.00 Euro and I think that covers my costs enough),
simply because I don't have the time to make them in a large amount (and I always want to make something new), but I use them and make them for free for my friends if they ask for it.
Stupid, crazy ? Maybe, but again, I see slotracing as my main hobby.

Show my tricks ? No problem. I already mailed my procedure for the rollcage to a member of this board, who asked for it. It's maybe not as good as yours, but hey, it worked for me...

And now that I'm writing, there's another thing that needs to "get of my stomach".
The slotracing circus.
I "practise" slotracing for more than 30 years now (if I include my Fleishmann-period). The reason why I don't like to come to these races, is that the rules are far to tight.
I agree every car needs the same motor, gear ratio, tires, and minimum weight. In my eyes, that should be IT ! In real races, the cars also differ from each other.
A ferrari differs from a Maserati, that's the way it is. So using things like weight calculators and resistors etc... no, thank you.
And what is the problem if a 2006 livery, races along the 2007 versions ? It stays a slotcar, and if decals are exactly like the real one, that is nice. If not, it's also nice.
Some people act like there is a main price of $25000, when winning the race. Don't get me wrong, winning is nice and there must be a little competition. But at the end,
still keep in mind that your are practicing a hobby and you do it for fun...
We attended the Big wheels race last year, and here were the rules more than enough and straight forward. I really enjoyed that race, although we finished almost last.

Probably most people on this board will not agree to this, but that's my point of view, and that's why I stay away from these races.(and probably other people also, who want to start or are busy with slotracing)

Well, I hope this clears my point of view, like it or not.

And a last note : "I may have been a bit rude to whichever Phil this is. Sorry."

Well, I'm a big boy and I can take very much, so I don't need this sorry. Just like I am not sorry for my first post about the attitude.
I've said what I had to say, and now you know it, love it or hate it. That's what a forum is for. Do with it whatever you like.

Regards.
JustMe

tongue.gif posted on 5-4-2008 at 11:03 Reply With Quote
why can't we all just get along??

Thank you Phil for your opinion

I believe you cant blame the toprunners for their winners mentality, cause it's pretty hard in any hobby, race, to be on top not wanting to win :laugh: For me winning is not about finishing on the top step of the rostrum, it's about performing in the best way I can. That also goes for my business, my job (will tell below what I do) and all sorts of things. And then yes I'm determent 200% all the way. Winning for me is just doing the best you can and maybe even outdo yourself doing it.

on the weight calculator I fully agree with you, cars differ and it should be up the teams racing it to overcome the difference. But since other people wanted to level them out, I'm more then willing to offer my experience (maybe not 30 but 15 years allready:D) to try and come up with something that is usefull.
On the livery side I disagree, cause in my mind we try to re-enact Spa 2007, and the cars should be in their respective livery.

Now for me posting my stuff...
Body Talk
A forum to discuss the Model aspects of slotcars. Basics like painting, decalling and more special skills like laminating and vac-forming. Got a new Car project on the workbench post'm here
These are the terms of agreement when entering this forum, and I discuss my products, doesn't say anywhere that I must share anything.
I hope to have a nice website up and running at the end of this summer, don't know nothing about computers so that'll take me a good while to :comp1::comp1::comp1::D

As clarification on decals and stuff.
I work at a commercial production studio, meaning that like when you watch tv, and you see a Coca Cola commercial, there's a good chance to actual bottle you see on screen is handmade by us. These items on tv are mostly a bit bigger in reality, also more nice and shiny etc etc etc. I got this job via via where I get to practise my skills on a daily basis, and at this job my skills are pretty good, but far from top level.
Now, what do you know??? they plan to get a.......... tatadadaa professional decal printer :bounc::holy:D
They still have to get one, install it, run numerous testruns etc etc etc. Then of course all our(mostly Tamars) files have to be transported to that machine, to get decals printed on a good basis. That's the deal right now. Of course I'd have to rent printingtime on the thing etc etc etc.
Right now I have one decal set for a BMS, an Ebimotors and a Tech9 Porsche. I could sell them and then I'm out of stock. I certainly do not want that, so I won't take any decal orders before this printer is installed and I have a good arrangement with my boss.
As far as I know, RFH only made 2 Aston liveries, the black DHL and the then still works Vodafone green Aston. The Vodafone should be easy getting decals from any other decalsheet, and I've seen the black Aston a few times built, by people I dont know and certainly did not buy these decals from us. So I believe these must be available somewhere, although I dont know where.

So in time, of course I'll post it here when decals can be ordered, and should there be any desired Aston livery available, I'd be happy to take that order from you.

Hope to see you soon at a race, and we could chat on a good basis, instead of this type of nagging at eachother. But then I'd need to know which Phil you are! :laugh:

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top