Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Tech tips: STARTING IN 1/24TH CHASSIS SELECTION
  Post new thread Poll:  
slotcarrera

Mood: No Mood
posted on 25-5-2008 at 22:18 Reply With Quote
STARTING IN 1/24TH CHASSIS SELECTION

Hi
I have just started a club in Almeria, Southern Spain with a 4 lane MDF 55ft track. We are constructing a 125 foot MDF 4 lane track. www.slotracer.org
We have made the lanes 103mm wide to take 24th Scale and I would like to start building a Plafit chassised car.
We have no clubs near that can advise on where we all (12 members) would start in 1/24th.
I understand a Plafit Excel chassis would be a good start, but there are so many combinations. The track is costing a lot of dosh so we want a sensibly priced starting point, but do not want to have to throw it all away, to buy new to be competitive.
Cheers
Richard Cooper
Any advice gratefully received.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 26-5-2008 at 05:02 Reply With Quote

Hi Richard,

Though I have no pretention of being a pro, I would suggest that you first pick a set of rules to do your 1/24th racing with.

And, as a starting point I belive that the European PlaFit Championship rules would be a good base. There is as I understand it races run in Spain using these rules, and there is the posibility to dip your toes into international slotracing running in the EPC and some of the national races run under that mantel.

To me that would be a very sesible way of starting out, and then later you might consider running races according to more free rules like the FIA GT EEC races.

That is more or less the way the Danish 1/24 Model Car scene started out 5 years ago.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slotcarrera

posted on 26-5-2008 at 05:15 Reply With Quote

Hi Pål
Thank you for your reply
I will look at these rules to start my 1/24th studying.
We presently range from Scalextric to "Strap motor" cars, but in starting 1/24th, I can see the guidelines of some rules to be a sensible way forward.
Cheers
Richard
slotcarrera

posted on 26-5-2008 at 06:20 Reply With Quote

Hi again
I only need guideance as to which Plafit chassis to buy now.
I like the anglewinder design (as in my JK / Falcon) and understand the Excel may be the chassis, as I need to be able to chose the correct wheels etc. and therefore not buy a complete chassis package with some items wasted!
I will search for the "European PlaFit Championship rules" to see what complies
Cheers
Richard
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top