Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: FERRARI F430 TECH RULES -- FRONT WHEELS
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 30-5-2008 at 14:39 Reply With Quote
FERRARI F430 TECH RULES -- FRONT WHEELS

Quote:
Originally posted by tamar p.s. I just talked to Jean Marie and he will check the forum and will answer questions concerning the worlds via this forum.

Thanks Tamar. Thanks in advance Jean Marie.

QUESTION 1 -- FERRARI F430 TECH RULES -- FRONT WHEELS

Quote:
6.5(b) WHEELS - Front rims must be aluminium min 21mm Ø outside, 20mm Ø inside. Front wheels are always at least 5 mm wide and minimum 25.5mm high. Rear wheels are handout Scaleauto wheels 27,5mm Ø 13 mm wide, 20mm Ø inside. Tyres are black.

1A. If the front wheels are ground to a 3 degree taper, where is the minimum tire diameter measured . . . on the inside of the wheel where the OD is smallest . . . or on the outside of the wheel where the OD is largest?

1B. Do the front wheels have to contact the tech block?

1C. Where is the width of the front spur measured . . . at the axle . . . or where the tire contacts the tech block?

1D. Are the front wheels to be at least 5mm wide . . . or are the front wheels to be at least 8mm wide with a minimum of 5mm in contact with the tech block?

Mark Campbell

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gabe2001
LMSadmin

Mood: U = R * I
posted on 9-6-2008 at 13:58 Reply With Quote

Quote:
QUESTION 1 -- FERRARI F430 TECH RULES -- FRONT WHEELS

Quote:
6.5(b) WHEELS - Front rims must be aluminium min 21mm Ø outside, 20mm Ø inside. Front wheels are always at least 5 mm wide and minimum 25.5mm high. Rear wheels are handout Scaleauto wheels 27,5mm Ø 13 mm wide, 20mm Ø inside. Tyres are black.

1A. If the front wheels are ground to a 3 degree taper, where is the minimum tire diameter measured . . . on the inside of the wheel where the OD is smallest . . . or on the outside of the wheel where the OD is largest?

1B. Do the front wheels have to contact the tech block?

1C. Where is the width of the front spur measured . . . at the axle . . . or where the tire contacts the tech block?

1D. Are the front wheels to be at least 5mm wide . . . or are the front wheels to be at least 8mm wide with a minimum of 5mm in contact with the tech block?

Mark Campbell

Mark, from the rule book on IMCA's site:

Article 6.5 (F430) and 7.5 (GT/LMP)
(d) ON CAMBER FRONTS - Inclination may never be more than 3°. The inner side of the complete wheel may be lower than the 25.5 mm sub art. 6.5.b, but only to make that the tire is flat on the track over the complete 5 mm. Seen from above wheels must be covered entirely by the body.
Checa

Mood: No Mood
posted on 9-6-2008 at 21:53 Reply With Quote

The question 1C of Gabe2001 about where is the front spur mesured, is stil not answered.
JustMe

posted on 9-6-2008 at 22:05 Reply With Quote

So that means that the maximum spur is 78, no mather where it should be measured. that's why I'm afraid people will not pass TC, cause the inserts will make them measure 78+....

Still waiting on some 'official' IMCA replies :laugh::laugh::laugh: Maybe they can shed some light in this dark rulebook. like on the wheelfenders on the front, I've seen many variations in interpreting this rule.. Big holes in them, narrowly cut.........

Big Al

posted on 10-6-2008 at 07:36 Reply With Quote

If the Rulebook says 78mm wide, then everything, including Inserts, must be within the 78mm wide measurement. if yuor inserts stick out the rims, then your wheels have ben narrower, so that they fit within the 78mm wide limit.. Simple.

Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

posted on 10-6-2008 at 14:56 Reply With Quote

but because of course I wanna run on 78, I'll have to put the inserts deeper into the rim, which is f*ckin' ugly! :finger:

gabe2001
LMSadmin

posted on 10-6-2008 at 17:32 Reply With Quote

It looks like the IMCA rule book needs some further clarification:

With cambered fronts, where will you measure the spur width? I assume where the wheels touch the ground/tech block/track. Please confirm and/or update the rule book.
Spur width and F430 inserts continued: technically the inserts have no function other than cosmetics. I would suggest to measure the width on the rim only, ignoring the inserts which might stand out of the wheel.

edited: moved FIA GT ground clearance to new thread
Raymond.Kuhn

posted on 11-6-2008 at 14:10 Reply With Quote
FERRARI F430 TECH RULES -- FRONT WHEELS partII

Hello dear sloters

I propose to not measure the front spur width. Instead, view the car from above and ensure nothing stands out from the wheel arches. This way there will be no misunderstanding regarding from spur width with camber fronts and nice inserts

Merci à J-M Tillen pour la traduction

fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 11-6-2008 at 14:25 Reply With Quote

I do not have a car here where I am at the moment but i do believe that the F430 is actually only 78mm wide.
If that is correct, and the Rule states that the body must cover the wheels completely, means that if correctly built, there is no way that the Spur can be geater than 78mm....
I Stand corrected. The body is 79,5 wide outside and inside the fenders, 78mm but you need about 0.8mm-1 mm free space between body and wheels per side meaning that you will not exceed the 78mm limit.
It is also obvious that the spur will be measured at the widest point.

Fola
Big Al

posted on 11-6-2008 at 18:41 Reply With Quote

I agree with Fola. :holy

It's really impossible to get the spur any wider without "modifying" illegally the Fujimi kit.. So, I can't see how there can be any problems here..

Big Al
Keld Hoefler

Mood: making my 5.th woodtrack
posted on 12-6-2008 at 17:45 Reply With Quote

if you run with cambered fronts you can still be 79,5 wide and have clearence between body and wheels.

only correct thing is a max. size in mm. and offcourse measured on the lagest point (on cambered at the track) so 78 mm. is good for both cambered and non cambered wheels.

and I go for Gabes proposual, dont measure the inserts, it dosnt have any influerence on the race, put them on the cars so the cars any most beauty.

Keld
Big Al

posted on 12-6-2008 at 20:04 Reply With Quote

:upset:
One thiong we've ALL missed, (well I did), is the rules say the Front Wheel Arches MUST BE USED!!! That takes away a lot of the "play" between wheels and body, as we have to use the plastic Front wheel arch part which comes in the standard kit... These things will look like 4x4's soon, nose up in the air...
I think that rules out Ind Fronts.. Straight setup will provide more clearance.

Anyone else ???

Big Al
Checa

posted on 13-6-2008 at 06:55 Reply With Quote

I'm with Big Al.
The front wheel fenders (Arches) will be eliminated
marco

posted on 17-6-2008 at 01:55 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Al
One thiong we've ALL missed, (well I did), is the rules say the Front Wheel Arches MUST BE USED!!! That takes away a lot of the "play" between wheels and body, as we have to use the plastic Front wheel arch part which comes in the standard kit... These things will look like 4x4's soon, nose up in the air...
I think that rules out Ind Fronts.. Straight setup will provide more clearance.

Anyone else ???

Big Al

Hi Al,

I have been through the F430 rule set so many times my eyes are getting buggy. Can you please quote the Art.No. in the rules that says the front wheel arches must be used . . . because I don't see it. The front wheel arches on the sprus are a part of L1 according to the kit in my hands . . . which is NOT listed as a required component in Art. 6.6. Unless this is some type of a twisted SA dodge to get us all bulding a Maranello version of the Hummer. :finger:

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America
Big Al

posted on 17-6-2008 at 05:32 Reply With Quote

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid it's right there dude..

(e) INTERIOR UNDER FONT BONNET - Part L1 should be cut so that the front wheel covers and the base of the dash board are maintained (all the rest may be removed ). The front fire wall may be cut such that the chassis can pass.

Having completed mine, I find I've still got good clearance, so it's all ok for now..

Chhers

Al
marco

posted on 17-6-2008 at 11:35 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Al

(e) INTERIOR UNDER FONT BONNET - Part L1 should be cut so that the front wheel covers and the base of the dash board are maintained (all the rest may be removed ). The front fire wall may be cut such that the chassis can pass.

Hey Al,

Now I see it. Don't like it . . . but I see it . . . still shaking my head. I think it would be better for everyone if there were pictures in the rule set of the parts that need to be 'cut or modified' . . . as there is a bit of interpretation to be sure. Better go back downstairs and look for the razor saw. Thanks for the heads up all round . . . and a pint on me!

Mark
Big Al

posted on 17-6-2008 at 12:09 Reply With Quote

:coke:
No sweat dude.. trust me, it's not that bad actually.. fits cool..

see you soon.

Al
Checa

posted on 18-6-2008 at 00:11 Reply With Quote
F430 Rules

Pictures F430
Is this O.K.?
Checa

posted on 18-6-2008 at 00:14 Reply With Quote

Sorry, I don't know how insert pictures in this forum
gabe2001
LMSadmin

posted on 18-6-2008 at 16:21 Reply With Quote

The most active photo publisher is certainly Fola :holy . Check out his F430 album at http://picasaweb.google.de/fola.osu/430

Checa you can upload picture (not larger than 800x600) via Attachment or link to it using the HTML code "open angle bracket (less than sign)img src="--URL to your picture--" /"close angle bracket (greater than sign)

[EDIT] apologies for the confusion - should have asked Fola first and not post incorrect information :comp1: - and thanks Fola for the very nice and detailed pictures you've posted below :holy [/EDIT]

gabe2001 has attached this image:
DSC00099.JPG - 52.04kb
Big Al

posted on 18-6-2008 at 16:52 Reply With Quote

I thought the rulebook said the WHOLE wheelarch must be present??
Well, whatever, I'm glad this will be my last Int event for sure.. Impossible to keep up with Fola's work..

Looking forward to Spa 24 hours.. :car:

Big Al

UPDATE. After Gabe's update.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Checa

posted on 18-6-2008 at 22:39 Reply With Quote

2º time to insert pictures

Checa has attached this image:
reducida 1.JPG - 352.7kb
Checa

posted on 18-6-2008 at 22:46 Reply With Quote

The pic I show you is with other reference of F430.
My question: Is allowed the hole in the wheel fender?, like Fola.
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 19-6-2008 at 06:00 Reply With Quote

guys dont PANIC.
the cars i am building for the worlds do not have that hole.
The pictured cockpits were built for normal test cars to see
how things fit.
Please ask me for my concent before posting my pictures anywhere.
fola.

the Official Cars.

slotmad

Mood: still waiting
posted on 19-6-2008 at 10:19 Reply With Quote
Why do front wheel arches have to be used?

I do not get it? Why is chosen in the rules that we have to use the front wheel arches? For what reason? I have never seen it before in any rule book so far.

Henri van Gool
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top