Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: Retired. Done, Hasta La Vista ese'.
  Post new thread Poll:  
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
pimpflash.gif posted on 18-8-2010 at 18:06 Reply With Quote
Retired. Done, Hasta La Vista ese'.

Well, not that it will matter much to many of you, but I'm announcing in public, on the Racing for Holland Forum and Website, that I have made the decision that my very good friend Mr T did a few years back, and I'm retiring/withdrawing/shutting down/closing shop, from this so-called hobby of Model slot car racing.

Together with a few friends, we've tried our utmost to try and get the hobby and classes up and running here in SA, but it's a loosing battle, and the club I used to race at here in Cape Town has now shut down completely. I've thrown enough money at this hobby, and I'm sure Erlo in Durban will agree, we've made nothing out of it really.

All the best to Nick, Fola, and whoever else is manufacturing stuff, your work is awesome. Gabe, Henri, Marcel, Willem, Mr T of RFH, and then Nick, Fola, Gert and others, thanks for all the help, for your time, for you emails, for your hospitality, and for your friendship guys. :holy

Next time I see you, it'll hopefully be as a tourist, or to collect you at Cape Town International Airport. :laugh:

Cheers, it was fun for a while.

Big Al
RETIRED

PS: Super Admins, you're welcome to delete my Moderator Status off the Website.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 18-8-2010 at 19:31 Reply With Quote

Hey Al,
I know how you feel, and at some point one just feels fed up up with it all.

On the other hand I know from past experience that I cant leave slotracing all together, so I will keep at it for as long as our local club is still in existence.

I hope that at some point my wife and I will make it to SA, and I know from some friends that Cape Town should be high on our list of places to visit, so who knows maybe we will meet again at some point.

Best wishes from Denmark!!

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 25-8-2010 at 13:03 Reply With Quote
Been there...done that

Hello Al

Sorry to hear about your retirement, well...not really....as like you said....been there, done that.
So I too know what its like and how it feels...an who knows, taking a break form slotracing will give you some time to think and maybe at some time to enjoy it again.

But although it may feel like all your effords may have been for nothing...they were not.
Al your enthousiasm has inspired lots of people world wide...but maybe it is now time for them to carry on.
One thing...the friendships that hgave grown between us "internationals" will last..no matter what we do.

Good luck and stay in touch boet

With kind regards
Tamar
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 25-8-2010 at 20:23 Reply With Quote

Al....
dont need to repeat what has been written and said.
but your efforts were not in vain!
Will miss you, but surely you will be in touch!

All the best,
Fola

Von 908#17
gabe2001
LMSadmin

Mood: U = R * I
posted on 17-9-2010 at 09:13 Reply With Quote
On a dark desert highway...

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

hugs!
-g
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 17-9-2010 at 17:59 Reply With Quote

Spot on Gabe, spot on!

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top