Board Logo

This is fast!
JustMe - 20-11-2008 at 21:13

In 1990 during qualifying, the Nissans turbo got stuck, constantly pumping in 1,8 bar in the engine, and the engine is believed to have pumpted out over 1100 horsepower during that lap :holy:holy:holy it's qualifying lap was over 6 seconds faster then the second placed Porsche 962!
Rumour has it that, when the Japanese mechanics saw that the turbo stayed open, they screamed to stop the car over the radio, but that Mark Blundell said: 'Hell no, I'm lovin' this!!! :laugh:
Anyway, stumbled across this link on youtube, and although the comments can not be heared and the sound is bad, wait till the second lap, actually it's first flying lap. The speed down the straights..... I got scared, even from behind my computer :holy

Like someone said below the film, one would need HUMONGOUS balls to drive one of those in the night :laugh::holy

enjoy

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=6lMItc4cy8U&feature=related

Whitemouse - 21-11-2008 at 09:19

Great video Nick, and man does that car look wild! Just look at how hard the steering is, every bumb is directed into the steering and into the arms of Mark Blundell! Awsome!

Check out a 2008 racing car with all its driving aids, power steering etc. etc. and this shows why I have way more respect for some of the drivers of past times!

tamar - 21-11-2008 at 13:05

8 minutes of sheer pleasure
those good old days

road - 21-11-2008 at 17:24

Holy Shit this Nissan is crazy!:holy

Aber das hier ist auch fast:laugh:

Hill Climbing ( Mercedes Evo 2 )

This one?
Osella BMW

Judd-Power
BMW e36

tamar - 21-11-2008 at 20:30

Quote:
Originally posted by road
Holy Shit this Nissan is crazy!:holy

Aber das hier ist auch fast:laugh:
Hill Climbing

So...build us a 1/24 Hillclimb... and we'll come to race ;)

Gert - 23-11-2008 at 19:41

Nice speed thingy from de Bugatti Veron

Youtube

Greetz Gert

gabe2001 - 26-11-2008 at 10:22

if you wonder where the VW test track is located: