Board Logo

Pininfarina P4/5 Competizione M (Ferrari) for Jim Glickenhaus
fola - 4-1-2013 at 13:24

Hi Guys,
been away for a while, but still very busy and active.
here are the latest developments regarding the car we will race at the NURBURGRING race
on Swisttals SPA track in Germany.
The "Old" kit I had was "nice" but a bit round and a tad too high.....
the 2011/12 version is a lot sleeker, and the nose is totally different plus. it has the fin in the roof.
meaning a lot of sanding, cutting, filling work needed to be done to get to
the new slim streamlined shape that the 2012 version has.

Started by marking the areas in need of attention, on a slush copy of the current version.
Chopped the roof and channelled the sides in order to bring the car down about 7mm
a feat only for the brave as you can see in the pics....

With the body "dropped", it was time to remodel the front areas .- Nose air intakes
on the bonnet and on the widened front fenders

Grafted the air vents on to the widened front fenders...

and reshaped the front air vent....

and created the roof air scoop out of hardened body filler.... and the fin with plastic sheet.

The rear needs some reworking, hood pins final finishing then I can get on with
laminating and building the actual car.....

will keep you posted ;-)


The "old" Car....

fola - 4-1-2013 at 13:25

did a little more work last night....
the front airscoop detail had to be scratch made out of plastic sheet
I did a bit of cleaning up of the rear end and since all that Primer
and sanding took off the detail of the hood latches I drilled/sanded them
off completely and installed new P.E pieces, also drill out the door pulls
and remade a pair.....

Let the pix do the talking .!

fola - 6-1-2013 at 09:44

Small update.....
the love of detail is a killer (of time ,-) !
decided to get on with the rear end as I had been putting it off
because I just knew it would be a load of work and would not be
easy at all...

started out by cutting some aluuminium mesh (on .3mm plastic sheet to shape,

then thin strips of sheet for the outlines of the rear grill, and tubes of various diameters
for the light housings and openings for the rear exhaust pipes which are much higher
up on this version.

then it was time for the rear air vents and side markers... more cut sheet...

and then finally the test fitting of the lexan windows.....

... more later on !
have a great sunday !

tamar - 6-1-2013 at 13:47

Impressive work, as always ;)

fola - 7-1-2013 at 10:20

thanks, Master!!

fola - 7-1-2013 at 10:20

Finally satisfied with the way it turned out i decided to (finally) go ahead and prepare the
master body for the making of the silicon mould....

and after a lot of dirty work, voila!!!