Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Body Talk: Tamiya Sauber Mercedes
  Post new thread Poll:  
lionelbyron

Mood: No Mood
posted on 4-9-2007 at 11:40 Reply With Quote
Tamiya Sauber Mercedes

I'm busy assembling the Tamiya Sauber Merc. The rear spoiler is attached to the chassis. So obviously a part of the kit chassis must be attached to the body. Is there any detailed info on the best way to do this. When making up these kits is it okay to use the normal kit glue? Does the body need reinforcing?
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 4-9-2007 at 12:30 Reply With Quote

Hiho,

well when we race the Sauber C9 or any other groupe C like racecar in our SLP series in germany, we attache the rear wings with rubber. we don't use the original wing-holders. I always use Revell glue for parts that have to stay together. for windscreens and all other clear parts I use Pattex Repair extreme and in some cases I use Super-Glue (semi-fluid). For attaching carbon parts to the platic body I use that Pattex like japanese glue that we normally use for making rubber-tires, dont' kow the name exactly.

we don't reinforce, we only use sometimes carbon front diffusors.everything depends in which series you want to race. for example. a good prepared body (without dremling, because it's forbidden!) in the SLP series weights less than 30 grs. including rear wing, front diffusor, body holders, lexan inlet (helmet made of resine), paint and decals. for a gt like body you won't never achieve this weight. in most rulebooks, you also find minimum weights for body and/or chassis.

Hope, I could help you a little bit.

cheers,
Mike
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 5-9-2007 at 15:47 Reply With Quote

Mike.... gimme a call.
could not get you yesterday....

fola
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 6-9-2007 at 08:21 Reply With Quote

@ Fola,

check u2u. tried to call you but the call didn't pass. always busy. think not enough cell coverage.

MIKE
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 11-9-2007 at 21:02 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Massiven

well when we race the Sauber C9 or any other groupe C like racecar in our SLP series in germany, we attache the rear wings with rubber. we don't use the original wing-holders . . .

Hi Guys,

I think I saw it in post but lost it . . . is anyone making a generic LMP or GT rear wing in resin or GFK? Thanks.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
LOCURA

Mood: No Mood
posted on 11-2-2008 at 11:11 Reply With Quote

Hi
I have just found this site;);). I am starting a track (MDF) and club in Almeria, Spain and am wanting to race "interesting" cars.
I wanted a Slot-it C9 Kouros, but they were sold out in shops and expensive S/H.
I would like to find out info. as to how to make this model as I feel that 24th could be my way forward.
I will continue to look through site, but need to find info on chassis motors etc.
Cheers
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top