Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Body Talk: Alsdorf Gr.5 ready to rumble
  Post new thread Poll:  
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 27-11-2007 at 16:56 Reply With Quote
Alsdorf Gr.5 ready to rumble

Managed to get the Capri ready in time for the Race.... in fact almost a week early ;-)

Building an inliner chassied car is not really much different than any other car/chassis deal
but getting a decent interior done is a totally different thing......
and not really being a fan of interiors that look shabby and as if they are put in
just to fill the space and fulfill the rules (no offense intended), and being always in search for new
challenges in the world of slotcar building (nothing is impossible), i decided to try to build a full interior
(as far as free INLINER space allowed) just to see if it was at all possible - Inliners are a pain!!.

:m16::car::puke::upset:

I hereby plea insanity.....and hope you can/will all bare with me....

enjoy-

Tony

Mood: No Mood
posted on 27-11-2007 at 18:10 Reply With Quote

Incredible¡¡¡¡

:holy:holy:holy

Tony
Big Al

posted on 27-11-2007 at 20:22 Reply With Quote

:holy

Fola, I'll say it again dude. Your cars are NEXT LEVEL buddy...

well done man..

Cheers

Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 28-11-2007 at 02:28 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by fola
I hereby plea insanity.....and hope you can/will all bare with me....

That wiring behind the dash...that is really insane :holy:holy:holy:holy

Plea accepted and granted...we knew we were long time ago....

so what else is new.:laugh:

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 28-11-2007 at 08:11 Reply With Quote

Hey Fola,

nice car dude. Are these the BRM wheels you ordered in Trier?

Cheers,
Mike
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 28-11-2007 at 14:52 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Massiven
Are these the BRM wheels you ordered in Trier?
Cheers,
Mike

thx,
-nah they are not ready yet.... and will probably weigh too much.
we'll see.....
fola
Gert

wink.gif posted on 1-12-2007 at 22:31 Reply With Quote
I Spy with my Little eye

That the Big Wheel race was one to remember.
That Fola is only building nice cars.
That Fola also builds fast cars.
That Stefan was the fastest of us all.
That there will be a rerun somewhere next year.
That the most importand fact is that slotracing is fun in the first place and being together with friends.

That thats All what i did spy with my little ey :D

Bill

posted on 2-12-2007 at 00:59 Reply With Quote

That`s awsome:D Wish i had the time and skills ;)

He who dies with the most toys.....Wins :-)
fola

posted on 2-12-2007 at 18:53 Reply With Quote
THE RACE..... in words

Hi Ya'll,
the Capri made it to Alsdorf on time, added the finishing touches in the RFH cellar and at the Amoslot race center in Dü Germany
thanks for lettin me in!!

Practice at the track started a bit behind schedule due to the fact that there was too much goo and grip on the circuit.... took a while to clean up, Nick and his team took well care of things....which was all fine by us because I had to put in the C3 motor that i got from Mr. Kuhn+ gears from Ronald , fix the wheel rubbing problem we had and put on tyre decals and polish... ;-)
About an hour late the racers took the stance at the controllers stand and took in the first test laps of the day. The grip took a while to build up and the lap time slowly started sinking.
Track voltage was set at 13V instead of the planned 14.8V and the cars on the track were about 1 sec slower than the FIA Gt cars which was fine as more power would have been way too much and would have rendered the cars near to uncontrollable and would have cause much havoc.
The training session rules were changed, not every one was informed of the change of procedure but all found out sooner or later and managed to get some laps in.
Our car was off the hook. We had two chassis to choose from, and decided to use the first option which was not really faster, but "safer" to drive. The competition struggled to achieve times of 10.2-10.5 secs and as soon as we hit the track we were doing sub 10sec times.... a real surprise for me, as I could not /(still can't) understand how or why an inliner should handle better than an angle winder. The car handled better than my Astons.....

Any way keeping things short.... Tech control went fine for all (i think) , For the concour all cars were lined up on the track and 1 team member per team was requested to choose his teams favorite.
Then it was Quali time - and we made pole..... with a 10.02 time which had me worried because in training Gert did 9.7 times and Stefan was a tick faster but in Quali just about managed 10 sec. He assured me that the car was fine and that he just had grip (or lack of it) problems because the tyres were dirty form the Tech control and the concours handling.
The competiton was not faster, Team R3 did 10,04 and RFH? did 10.170 and RFH? came in 8th with a 10.4 time.
The groups were formed and the race took off. Was a bit weird watching RFH in the slower group, but it was pretty obvious that they did not belong and we watched them drive circles around every body else. They finished first in the class 4 laps ahead of BK racing.
The "quicker " group took positions behind the controller stand and the race started. The Nigrin Capri #55 dominated the run, I started on the long lane 1 and managed to finish my stint 2 or 3 laps ahead. At the end of the run, with some really fine driving by Gert and Stefan, we finished 17 laps up and were pretty sure we could win as long as bad luck _ crash, damage_ stayed out of our way.
There was the regrouping and the 3rd run started.... without RFH who had move up to second in the quickie group which took positions about an hour later (the stints were 10 mins long) . 60 mins later the results were clear. SFRT won with a 40,12 Lap advantage ahead of RFH who in turn had 4 laps more than the 2 Porsche 935_78's. the Porsches also ran very well, and finished a few track segments apart. RFH's second 320 Werks Beamer #20 turbo blew a couple of controllers and lost valuable laps in the second run.

The 320's were very competitive as were the 935's with the long and trailing rear ends.

Weam Team and sideways were somewhere out there and ran an almost invisible race and finished carrying up the rears...

First six results-
CAR DRIVERS TEAM QUALI POS LAPS1 LAPS2 RACED LAPS
Ford Capri Fola Osu,Stefan Baudach,Gert Klinge slotfabrik 10,020 1 357,37 362,06 719,43
BMW 320i Tamar nelwan,Willem Kloppenburg,Gabriel Inabnit rfh2 10,170 2 340,27 338,94 679,21 40
Porsche 935-78 Rene,Robert Massart,Fernando Corral Team R3 10,040 3 333,22 341,85 675,07 4
Porsche 935-78 R.Kuhn, HansGregoire,Stephan Martin BK Racing 10,256 336,96 338,03 674,99 0
BMW 320i Nick de Wachter,emily kuipers,ronald zaal rfh1 10,452 334,95 329,32 664,27 11
BMW M1 K. Huys, Björn Van Campenhout, G. Dohogne Sloefspeed 10,409 324,62 339,33 663,95 0

SFRT won concour and the race and was awarded with 3 trophy's and the responsibility of organizing a return race next year.
we look forward to seeing all and maybe more, again next year. And as all most always - the people, the track the atmosphere were just unbelievable, Slotracers really are the coolest folk!
Was great meeting all the guys i didnt know, a shame that my french is almost equal to ZERO, and it was also great meeting the old faces and of course racing with you all.
Thanks Gert, for keeping your cool, thanks Stefan for being so STUPIDCONSTANTFAST and thanks to all the racers that gave us a hard time but far more important, allowed me to takee our car home in one peice.... even found both mirrors!!
As mentioned - WE'LL BE BACK!!
fola

posted on 2-12-2007 at 21:17 Reply With Quote

Next year .... same place??
who's up for it??
tamar

posted on 4-12-2007 at 06:00 Reply With Quote
Nice report

THX fola for the racereport, I'll happillly "steal" it this week and "sell" it as an LMC article :holy:holy:holy
BTW
"Congrats" on your team's double victory....double is always best :D

With kind regards
Tamar
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 4-12-2007 at 06:34 Reply With Quote

Hey there,

Team Viezbuxen will be there next year, I promise you! We gonna drive a Ferrari 365 GT4 BB or a Toyota Celica (if they are allowed, please confirm!)

Cheers,
de Massiven
fola

posted on 4-12-2007 at 06:54 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by tamar
THX fola for the racereport, I'll happillly "steal" it this week and "sell" it as an LMC article :holy:holy:holy
BTW
"Congrats" on your team's double victory....double is always best :D

Its all yours chief......
Thanks!
Tell me one thing .... how come you drove in the first (slower group)heat????
according to the Q times.......

hmmmmm
phil_the_spoiler_killer

posted on 4-12-2007 at 07:23 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Origineel gepost door fola
Next year .... same place??
who's up for it??

HRT will be there.
Is there already a suggestion for the date ?
tamar

posted on 4-12-2007 at 11:35 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by fola
Tell me one thing .... how come you drove in the first (slower group)heat????
according to the Q times.......

hmmmmm

Yes that was a bit of a suprise was it..well let me see...what went wrong:

1. First of all, 7 guys were faster in Quali :laugh:
  2. Although reasonably stable in the outerlanes, our 320turbo's had a hard time on the inner lanes. From Pouhon through the Fagnes chicanes into Stavelot..the car just wanted to tip over.
  3. the fact that I'd mounted a fresh set of tyres on the #20 (Nick qualified 10,17) but forgot to do so on our car did not help either....or our car could also have been parked in the more dusty area of the Parc fermé. After the race I heard more teams mentioning this....anyhow Willem had no grip.
  4. Gearing might also have been a bit off, gues that all those "fixed gear ratio" races have made us a bit slow

Anyhow our "slow" qualification turned out to be a "blessing in disguise"
Yes when the tyres picked up grip during the race we were able to run faster and more consistend laptimes. And when you are leading your heat it is easier to stay within the limits of the car. With the 10x34 gearing the car could do 10.19 max but average laptimes were round the 10.40
So we were a bit surprised to be in 2nd after the "fast heat" had run its laps.

For the second run we changed the gearing to 12x36 and decided to see if we could put you guys under pressure. It looked promising as right after the start I managed to do 9.90 on lane 2. But this was not to last...
although the car had a bit more straightline speed it did not improve the handling. When ever we tried to push the car just tipped over. And then you drove 9.74 on lane 1 and I thought ...oke that's not in our little beemer for us 2day :holy

I might have liked the longer legs (alfter all I'm bit of a Autobahn cruiser) but the other pilots on both the RfH Beemers certainly did not. Besides the little controller problem this is the main reason why the #20 car lost so many places. In the end we just barely managed to hurl the #22 to the finish line in 2nd, with both Porsche 935's hot on our tail.

With kind regards
Tamar
Stefan/Slotfabrik

Mood: Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
posted on 4-12-2007 at 19:57 Reply With Quote

Now I'm also game in the forum. It's very nice, congratulation!
Thank you for the very, very funny race on saturday... It was really great to meet all these freaky slotters from some different countries.
Although I slept only a short time in the night before, it was the best race I ever drove in my liffe... Amazing!!!
Thanks to Fola and Gert, they are the best teammates.
The car was dam n fast :) I couldn't believe it. Quite nice!

Thank you for the day, and for all those guys, they were responsible for the awesome event.
We'll come again to Alsdorf next year and SFRT is looking forward to be there for another exciting race day in the bowling center.

See ya, I wish you all the best!
sloefspeed

posted on 5-12-2007 at 09:53 Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

we had a really good time at the Alsdorf Group5 race, and i'm glad that apparently most of you spent a nice day with cars probably a bit weird to some of you, as well in appearance as what is concerning the chassis type underneat.

It took us a while to find out what was really wrong with the car in the first run, but after changing the gear ratio for the second run, things were a lot better.

I have received some very nice pictures, and I will post these shortly, but I have to ask permission to the photographer first...

Thanks to everybody at therace and organization for making this race into a succes!

for the ones interested, in Belgium we have a 12 round series for these cars on the different slot tracks around the country. One of the races will be during the opening weekend of our Speedweeks 2008 event.

CU @ the races!

Raymond
eur961

Mood: Not set
posted on 7-12-2007 at 09:08 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by sloefspeed

I have received some very nice pictures, and I will post these shortly, but I have to ask permission to the photographer first...

CU @ the races!

Raymond

Inutile de se fatiguer (in french in ze text...), you can see these pics via this link....

Stéphane M.

http://slotracing.proboards22.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=124General&thread=1197018230
tamar

posted on 7-12-2007 at 10:14 Reply With Quote
Big Wheels, High res

Bonjour Stephane
Merci for your "tres belles photo's" of the Big Wheels, they are superb as usual, nice report as well...just one question.
Do you have this image in an (even) bigger resolution?

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4111/zzbmwduo2bga3.jpg

With kind regards
Tamar
fola

posted on 7-12-2007 at 17:51 Reply With Quote

Very nices pix.....make you wanna go right back
and do it all over again!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Fola
eur961

Mood: Not set
posted on 11-12-2007 at 16:55 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by tamar
Bonjour Stephane
Merci for your "tres belles photo's" of the Big Wheels, they are superb as usual, nice report as well...just one question.
Do you have this image in an (even) bigger resolution?

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4111/zzbmwduo2bga3.jpg

Sorry to react so late....

If you click below, you obtain a pic with a bigger resolution.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6093/img8555buf5.th.jpg
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top