Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Body Talk: DBR 9, 10 & 11
  Post new thread Poll:  
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 2-5-2006 at 12:56 Reply With Quote
DBR 9, 10 & 11

Hello Guys

A new thread as the "old' DBR9 topic was getting a bit long. As it was originally about Fola's Renaissance DBR9 LM, I'll keep it open for him to post more updates.

Here are the pics of the 3 Astons so far
http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/rfh/dbr-fiagt-proto10.jpg
Spark model on the left, my wastebasket project in the middle, the Renaissance kit on the right.
At first glance there's not much to choose from, although the Spark Dbr9 gives the best impression.
And that's not just because it is in the right colour. The hood and front window are much better in proportion.

In side view Spark has found the correct roofline (much higer than the Renaissance kit) which keeps sloping downwards all the way thru the end. The Renaissance kit is lower, has smaller side windows where as the tail is higher and ends with a small kick up spoiler

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/rfh/dbr-fiagt-proto11.jpg
But the biggets difference is in the BUTT :laugh:
I guess I'm an sucker for a nice Ass, one look at these swelty curves and I was sold.
Althoughall the body are unmistakenliy Aston Martins....or me the Spark has what it takes to be the best looking DBR9 ...nice and round!:D

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ramtech

Mood: single
posted on 2-5-2006 at 14:37 Reply With Quote

i like them round to but not too wide:laugh:

armen zijn nu echt te kort
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 2-5-2006 at 17:45 Reply With Quote

Tamar,

Thanks for the report buddy. Where does one order these Spark DBR9's??

Regards

Al

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big Al

posted on 2-5-2006 at 18:21 Reply With Quote

Ok,
went and found sparkmodels.com, but they only advertise 1/43rd???:upset:

Help pls..

Big Al

fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 2-5-2006 at 20:44 Reply With Quote

want one too!!
are they pre-painted??

Von 908#17
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 3-5-2006 at 08:57 Reply With Quote
Takes 2 to Tango

Hello Guys

True....Spark models and its sister company Redline are producing mainly 1/43 build models. But they are expanding their 1/24 range.
First model was the F 575 by Redline, now Spark has released the Aston and will also release the Corvette C6 soon.

These resin models come fully painted and assembled with lots of PE detail and.......a very hefty price tag

here's the link to the Spark news page http://www.sparkmodel.com/news/news_index.html

With kind regards
Tamar
Big Al

posted on 4-5-2006 at 17:47 Reply With Quote

:cry:
too expensive, will wait for Carrer to relese them all in December...

Glad I only have a Measily 360 Modena to prep for IMCA.. That's if, we ever get there..

No news, no flights,. no zip bru.. And we need to put in Leave, make arrangements to connect flights to the UK so I can "meet the lady's folks" etc...

Anyway, hope we still get there, I'd love to see the cars in real life at the worlds boet.

Chow

Big Al

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top