Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: When are the "rulebooks" set in stone?
  Post new thread Poll:  
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
tongue.gif posted on 7-7-2008 at 18:20 Reply With Quote
When are the "rulebooks" set in stone?

Hi all,

I think this is directly questioned at Race ControlTech.

We're now under 10 days away from the start of the event, and I for one, have already had to re-order a 430 Kit from Japan and build it, because the car I had completed MANY weeks back, turned out to be illegal. :upset:

Now, Not to sound nasty at all, so please don't take this that way, but WHEN do the Goalposts (Rules) stop moving??? There has to be a point in time before the start of this event, where things WILL NOT CHANGE in the official rulebook. I would like to know when that is please?

While I'm trying to build something that's 100% legal, but also will be reasonably competitive, I visit this, and JP's site at least once EVERY day, and every second day, I'm telling my other Teammates, (Who don't visit as often as they should), that something else has changed, or this has been altered, and that has been allowed, etc etc..

While many of you guys have already been doing MANY laps in the EEC series with near-to similar setups, "we", the Travelling Wilburies from the rest of Planet Earth are continally having to change/modify/invent stuff to try and keep up.:cry:

Tongue-in-cheek, I think we're gonna be racing F1's next weekend at the rate it's going...:laugh:

Cheers, looking VERY forward to seeing you all again.

Big Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Zmachine

Mood: Lightning, lightning & always lightning... siempre !
posted on 7-7-2008 at 21:43 Reply With Quote

Hi Al & all,

10 Days ! My god, but there are so many things that can be changed in 10 days you know :laugh: so many...

I will not show to this "Kermess" Worlds, disappointed, & tired of these perpetual rules changes & manipulations... I got bored with IMCA feeling :upset:

Sincerely, I wish you a great week of fun.

Kind regards,

Bye
Philippe
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 8-7-2008 at 03:06 Reply With Quote

As a simple amateur that has built fewer cars than most of the entrants for the 2008 Worlds, I must say that I find the rule set has not changed at all. Some clarification was required with respect to the the 3 degree cambered fronts for the SLP chassis but these components are relatively new and such questions are to be expected. Gearing? The pinion to spur is set at 9/44 and I must admit, with all due respect, that the semantics of debate fall nearer to rhetoric than substance. And as the final measure, I would gamble a free plane ticket to Toronto in 2009 . . . that the final 8 to hook up in Herentals . . . will do so without any confusion of the rule set. Enough banter friends . . . time to come together . . . enjoy the common ground . . . celebrate the day . . . it's time to race! I believe that one round for the house is already on me. If it requires a second to calm the waters . . . so be it! See you soon. Kindest regards.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America

Big Al

posted on 8-7-2008 at 06:15 Reply With Quote

Again, let me repeat, it's not meant to be nasty in any way,

but last week, the 430 Front wheel Arches did not have the option to drill a round hole in them! Now it does.

The rest of the comments are clarifications of the rulebooks I agree, but the way they will be interpreted, will show on the day.

Philieppe, I disagree with your comments re: IMCA. The event, and the people who enter it are in my opinion, a VERY friendly bunch, and an ecclectic collection of different Nationalities. I have always enjoyed these events, and while I understand the rulebooks are there for a reason, and are sometimes difficult to interpret, the event itself, and IMCA as an International body, is certainly something I would recommend to anyone who would be interested.

Next year, I believe Mark will have an awesome event, and those lucky enough to go will also enjoy themselves very much, not only in the racing, but also being among good friends.

See you all next week.
Regards

Big Al
Whizzkid

posted on 8-7-2008 at 06:48 Reply With Quote

I have to agree with Al on this point. There has to be point at which there is a line drawn, and it should be at least 4 weeks before the event. I must admit I did not have too many issues/problems with the original rules, probably because I took them as read and did not look for ways to stretch them:laugh:

Perhaps there needs to be a simple last statement in the rulebook which states "If the above rules do not say that you may do it, then you may not do it" This would take away a lot of the "what if I..." and "Can I..." out of the setup issues.

With regards to clarifying the rules and simplifying the setup, perhaps IMCA, the event organiser or a suitable delegate should be tasked with the duty of actually building a sample of the car that they intend to use in order to highlight the pitfalls and possible rule changes long before the FINAL set of rules is published. After which there should be no modifications to the rules whatsoever.
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 8-7-2008 at 07:02 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Whizzkid
With regards to clarifying the rules and simplifying the setup, perhaps IMCA, the event organiser or a suitable delegate should be tasked with the duty of actually building a sample of the car that they intend to use in order to highlight the pitfalls and possible rule changes long before the FINAL set of rules is published. After which there should be no modifications to the rules whatsoever.

There we 're again on the DPM Rule Book. At the DPM there's a tech sheet for each homologated body with picture of what has to be, how it must be etc.! This is a way to go, but as the IMCA Worlds ain't a manufactures championship so it's gonna be difficult to build such a rule book.

Cheers,
Mike
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top