Hey Gabe, Nick und alle anderen
glückwunsch.:holy

Übrigens toller Live-Ticker. So sollte das immer sein.:bounc:
gabe2001
LMSadmin

Mood: U = R * I
posted on 4-8-2009 at 20:54 Reply With Quote
Epilog

Toronto Worlds 2009 are over and I'm almost back to a normal rhythm of day and night. Mundane chores are also hauling me back into the real world - where's that blue pill when you need it :D

Let me start with extending my thanks to everyone who showed up in - or really tried hard to make it to - Toronto. Without any of you this event would have been nothing. Special thanks to Mark Campbell who, in spite of all the road blocks, stood by his word to organize the 2009 Worlds. I'm sure it would have been easy to simply call it off and to not bother with all the troubles. Thanks Mark!
Thanks go also to all the folks that provided the necessary and much appreciated support to run such an event!
Bringing the thanks closer to home I'd like to thank Fola for the Plafit loaner - it made my (birth-)day! And to pull the thanks all the way home, I'd like to thank Marcel for being an excellent racer and helping me making my day at the PanAm Plafit championship.
Last but not the least, thanks to my family for letting me indulge in this out-of-hand gotten, addictive, crazy, fun hobby of model car racing. I look very much forward embracing them again tomorrow when they return from Switzerland.

What I take away from Toronto are the trophies of course ;), but more importantly the exquisite memories of meeting the same old nutters as well as making new friends. It is my hope that the model car racing virus is spreading fast around the globe and that we'll meet again somewhere soon.

cheerio!
-gabe

edit: I must not forget to thank Hans-Peter Hilbrand for the superb Metris Mk IV chassis. The F430 was the fastest car on the track and I finished 2nd only due to my own wrong tactics...

marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 13-8-2009 at 02:27 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by gabe2001
What I take away from Toronto are the trophies of course ;), but more importantly the exquisite memories of meeting the same old nutters as well as making new friends. It is my hope that the model car racing virus is spreading fast around the globe and that we'll meet again somewhere soon.

cheerio!
-gabe

I am happy to see Gabriel's posting of the awards. He passed a lot of good advice to me over the past year, one point being not to make the gaudy big gold trophies and to save his wife the time of putting them in the trash when I return home. It was a year of difficult economy and a year that was easy to cancel slot racing. We missed some of our good friends for reasons that are beyond anyone's control and beyond anyone's critique. But at the end of the day it was important that the Toronto Worlds was maintained. And this is all about trust, something that money can never buy. So to those that had to take a pass, we all say "See you soon" and to those that could make the trip "We all say thanks". Was it worth it? To see Roger Schmitt on the podium alongside 'Javi' Checa, two racers that had never met let alone compete together . . . this is the spirit of international sportsmanship. To see some of the local racers standing on the line next to NdW, Gabe, Tim, Chris, Jan, etc. etc. gave me a very big smile. To see the spirit of goodwill overcome everything . . . my reason to continue. My most sincere thanks to everyone. Merci et à bientôt.

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top