English: Is this cool or what? :-)
  Post new thread Poll:  
gabe2001
LMSadmin

Mood: U = R * I
posted on 4-3-2006 at 16:14 Reply With Quote
Is this cool or what? :-)

http://www.en.slotfire.com/

The discussion: is it really cool to race on a track with a switch lanes system (automatic or by pressing a button)? Or is battling on a standard track side by side, waiting laps after laps for a chance to pass the car on the neighboring track, preferably on the inside, more exciting? This isn't an attempt to judge the technology, which I'm sure is great. Instead, what are the experiences, if any, in racing on such a high-tech track. How does it compare to the good old wooden 5/6/8 laner?

Lets hear it folks ;)
-g
Keld Hoefler

Mood: making my 5.th woodtrack
posted on 5-3-2006 at 22:35 Reply With Quote

Hi G
I try it in Nurnberg (only auto change), at the toy messe, For us there is nothing like the normal way to race, but the track from Slotfire was very enjoyable to drive, and when you got to know it, the race form was good, coming up to a opponent or a dummy car going round a one speed, you had to make your attack place careful, not just going close at once but wait until the right place, and do it before the car behind you take the other lane. we where 2 drivers and 3 dummy cars on a small track (15 m) with 8 switch places i think.

conclusion, if money wasnt the issue i would buy one slotfire track just for fun, but real race is on a 5-6-8 laner, the auto change is good, better than manuel bottom

Keld
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CarreraHenk

Mood: Enjoying 1:32 as well currently
posted on 10-3-2006 at 10:40 Reply With Quote

I don't know if i liked digital tracksystems. Maybe for some fun at home but for competition racing? I asume high speed crashes will take place on the lane changes and discussions about who's error it would be could become very emotional ...

Anyway if you're looking for a flexible wooden track look here : http://www.slotsports.de/index.html , maybe they will make digital parts in the future
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top