Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: IMCA 2007 set-up Speedline Speedway?
  Post new thread Poll:  
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 3-5-2007 at 20:53 Reply With Quote
IMCA 2007 set-up Speedline Speedway?

Quote:
So where is everyobody???

Hi Al,

Here in the great white north we are used to the silence . . . but it is good to hear your voice. I am waiting for the Tamiya Lexus to arrive next week . . . probably like a few of the other kits that are just in the process of coming to the market. On another topic . . . looking at this track for Mechelen . . . what do you think for the chassis selection. We have a few tracks similar to this in Toronto . . . and I am thinking it looks like a Plafit setup. What do you think? All the best.

Mark Campbell
www.scaleracing.ca
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 4-5-2007 at 05:36 Reply With Quote

Howzit Mark,

YEak well, I can see this turning into a big rush later on because it'll be left until the last minute.. But Tamar and co have the "Double" to deal with right now which is a priority so, just thought there would be more interest here you know..

As for chassis? Your guess is as good as mine.. This is Gert's home track and I think the majority of people race Plafit's, and S24's.. I'll bring a selection over and then see which deals with it the best during practice. To me this is more a handling track than speed, so the chassis setup has to be right, and working properly. I don't think you can see in the Pic, but there's also a little "squiggle" under the bridge in the middle of the straight which causes some headaches.. Strange..

Anyway, will chat soon Mark. Need to get the NSX and measure it up now.

Cheers

Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gert

posted on 4-5-2007 at 17:30 Reply With Quote

I'll be going to test my Nismo next week on the track and wil give you guys the needed info
about settings

Sorry Al this is a handling and Speed track
Lap time record is 4.5 sec the iner and outher curves are tricky, but when you got it in your fingers youl be able to set laptimes under 5 sec

Greetz Gert

tommy

posted on 17-5-2007 at 09:06 Reply With Quote

hello it's Tom Ooms here
i drive previous year with a fox2 on the speedlines track and my time was 4.4sec

greetz Tom Ooms
sorry for my bad english
willem
LMSadmin

Mood: Tired
posted on 17-5-2007 at 10:54 Reply With Quote
And............

So......... your time was 4.4 and...............

PorscheFreak

Mood: Cool
posted on 21-5-2007 at 06:02 Reply With Quote

I also would be interested to hear more about the Speedline track and possible setup hints, unless those are "classified"...

Also waiting my SC430 kit to arrive and considering now between either MoMo MP06 or Plafit S24 SLP chassis setup for the car. I would prefer the S24 SLP, but as it has been actually designed for the heavy Bison and the bottom plate is quite thin compared to the contenders, I'm having second thoughts. One "fault" I think with the S24 is also that there's no motor holder available from Plafit that enables to sink the motor to the bottom level...

/Pekka
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 21-5-2007 at 09:59 Reply With Quote

Hello Pekka

Gert is going to the Speedline track somewhere next week to test some gearings (which we need to fix for the IMCA rules) as we have no reference for this track with the Proslot Motor.

Last that I heard is that Plafit is working for a Proslot/Fox motormount for the S124/SLP chassis. This was not a real priority as with the small canned motors the advantageof lowering it is far less than withthe mega lump of the Bison.

p.s. No.......... set-up info for on the Speedline track is not classified:car:

With kind regards
Tamar
marco

posted on 15-8-2007 at 03:21 Reply With Quote
Track Hookup for Controllers

I understand that it is racer's own controllers for Mechelen. For those of us travelling, could someone advise the controller setup on the Speedline track ie. Pos or Neg polarity and what type of plug connection is being used. Actually a quick pic of the hookup would also help. Many thanks.

Mark Campbell
Toronto
Scale Racing America
willem
LMSadmin

posted on 15-8-2007 at 09:29 Reply With Quote
Chassis for IMCA

Marco,

As for the controller hookup. Never trust any advice. Just measure it at the track with a voltage gauge.
Find out which is (+). If the gauge indicates apositive value (say 14 volts) then automatically the other is (-) and the last one is track.
Translation to the plugcolors is like this:

European
Red = (+)
Black = (-)
yellow = (track)

American
White = (+)
Red = (-)
Black = (track)

Chassis choice
Basically it doesn't matter what kind of chassis you choose as long as you know what kind of setup you need to drive.
Pending the grip levels which are presumebly high i would choose for a stiff setup. Each of the chassis available can be setuo like this. Some of them more easy then others.
My choise at the moment would be either the SLP or the S24 chassis. This is relatively easy to build (if you know what you're doing of course) and it allows you to modify or change the setup easy enough for a reasonable experienced mechanic.

Willem

fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 15-8-2007 at 21:44 Reply With Quote

The MOMO motor holder is made for the fox motor and fits the Proslot....
All momo chassis have the motor mounted 1.5mm below the belt.. meaning
that the holders are perfect for the SLP chassis.

Regs
Fola
Alvaro

Mood: Building the best and fast car.
posted on 15-8-2007 at 21:51 Reply With Quote

FOLA you need reed the IMCA rules...
Look the art. 6.3

Regards

Rural Slot
Alvaro Sarabia
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 16-8-2007 at 05:59 Reply With Quote

Hi folks,

I heard somehting the last days in our race center (home of the SLP chassis) that Plafit wants to offer a new "fox"-motorholder that would allow to lower the motor. I'll try to contact Kurt when he's back from vacations. I hope that they could release it before the worlds. I'll keep you updated on this when I get the infos.

Cheers,
Mike
marco

posted on 17-8-2007 at 02:32 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by willem
Marco,

As for the controller hookup. Never trust any advice . . . my choise at the moment would be either the SLP or the S24 chassis. This is relatively easy to build (if you know what you're doing of course) and it allows you to modify or change the setup easy enough for a reasonable experienced mechanic.

Willem

Thank you Willem for this information, with a couple of months to go it is very much appreciated by those of us at a distance and I am looking forward to being a part of the great competition and good times. If I may take a minute of everyone's time,

Today was a VERY special day for the promotion of model car racing in AMERICA after much hard work. I was notified today by Mr. Nori Ono of Japan that PLAFIT will extend its sponsorship to the 2008 PANAMERICAN 'PLAFIT' CHAMPIONSHIP to be held at the MID AMERICA RACEWAY in CHICAGO. As a parallel event to the DPM and European Plafit Championship it will be an opportunity for all of us here in North America to host a world class model car competition and to invite our many European friends to the great city of Chicago. We hope that you will share in our excitement! All the best for now and thanks again.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America
willem
LMSadmin

posted on 17-8-2007 at 06:56 Reply With Quote
USA trip

Hi marco.

Looks like I have to plan a trip to the USA with some usual suspects. In fact I'm already quit certain that this will happen. It's just a matter of time....And it looks.....TIME HAS COME!!;)
I hope they let us in bringing all the dangerous goodies with us!

The planning of the trip participating in various modelcar events in the states is gonna be an interesting one. I think you have to help us a little on thatone.

Cheers

Big Al

posted on 17-8-2007 at 07:29 Reply With Quote

Hi MarK,

well done dude, good news.. I SERIOUSLY hope you did also bring up our discussion.. Pls email me some details..

cheers

Big Al
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top