Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: Article 2: Rule explanation
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 30-8-2007 at 13:01 Reply With Quote

:comp1::comp1::comp1:

I'm getting more and more confused. I really understand what Francesc wants to say but:

The first posting of this thread contains a list of the parts which are seen to be chassis parts and have to be from the same manufacturer. This gives a clear view on article 2.1. Motorholders are not in that list and can be interchanged. MoMo, or even other motorholders like the "Werk's"-motorholder can also be used in every other commercial available chassis, just to mention 3 of many differents brands Plafit, Slotvision, Schöler etc.

So for me the problem is just the definition of what is a chassis part and what isn't. This decision was taken by the organisator and is completely OK IMHO.

Just for information: as I race in Trier (Germany) (just to remember you -> home of the SLP Chassis :D:D) I hear a lot about rules in the very popular German wide SLP and SLP Challenge. Even if you allow homebrew chassis, modifications on bodies etc. etc. I see, that every season the same discussions start just from the beginning. Here at work I always say "SSDD" -> "same shit, different day" :laugh:.

Good for now, I've to get back to work :car:

Cyah all,

Mike
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 30-8-2007 at 13:11 Reply With Quote

Francesc,

I agree, but, this is a play on words.. So test the system buddy..

I disagree that the Bodymount system is part of the chassis, as it's completely removable, whereas, the motor holder is a Major part of the chasdsis as it holds the motor in place, and therefor, is NOT removable.

The "Chassis" is the chassis. The Body is the body. The fact the bodymounts are fastened to the body in a permanent way means that it's part of the body, and certainly not part of the chassis..

If you guys say a Plafit motor mount can be used on a Momo CHassis, then dang sure there's absolutely NO reason why you can't use Plafit Bodymounts on a Momo Chassis.

I'm already disillusioned by all this lot. :comp:

Regards

Big Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 30-8-2007 at 13:29 Reply With Quote

Me again,

just a last story about what is a chassis part and what isn't. In SLP your allowed to use a kind of carbon front lip that can be attached to the front of the body in order to protect it whlie crashing. It just replaces the front part of the chassis that could be cut out from the plastic chassis an glued under the body.

My teammate Bob developed a T which has this carbon lip attached to it (milled from one carbon plate). As this lip is attached to the T it's now considered in being a chassis part and no longer as a body part. Seen from above, all chassis parts have to be invisible or covered by the body. This carbon lip sticks out as far as the orginal plastic chassis from the box model or the lip, attached to the body. :m16:

Cheers,
Mike
Zmachine

Mood: Lightning, lightning & always lightning... siempre !
posted on 7-9-2007 at 14:44 Reply With Quote

Hi Willem,

Please could you help me to get some points perfectly cleared in my mind :

1. Carbon

1.1. A few weeks ago some shops (more information on request) began to propose complete commercial kits including carbon parts, allowed or not ?
1.2. Carbon front lips & rear air diffuser exclusively attached to the body, allowed or not ?
1.3. Following the rules, guide plate cannot be considered as free materials but may be modified, so carbon, allowed or not ?

2. "Brass ballast"

2.1. Brass ballast weights firmly attached to the body : allowed or not ?
2.2. Brass ballast weights firmly attached to the bodymounts : allowed or not ?

3. Is SC-2421P an accurate reference # for the Scaleauto handout wheels which will be delivered in Alsdorf ?

Willem, many thanks in advance for your answer.
Have a nice week-end,

Philippe.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 7-9-2007 at 17:04 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Zmachine
Hi Willem,

Please could you help me to get some points perfectly cleared in my mind :

1. Carbon

1.1. A few weeks ago some shops (more information on request) began to propose complete commercial kits including carbon parts, allowed or not ?

Hello Phillippe
Although this question has been asked (and answered) several times......just to get them perfectly clear...in your mind :D
2.1 Make & Type - Choice of chassis parts manufacturer is free. Chassis parts must be from the same manufacturer.

If these kits are made by the chassis manufacturer they are allowed, if they are aftermarket parts by a different manufacturer they are not!
Example: there are carbonparts made for Plafit chassis, but they are not made by Plafit, these are not allowed.

Quote:
1.2. Carbon front lips & rear air diffuser exclusively attached to the body, allowed or not ?

Allowed because
4.2 Construction - In top view a body must cover all parts of the chassis and the tread of the tyres. Allowed Body materials are hard plastics, resin, Carbon/GFK laminations . Lexan is allowed only for interior, detail and clear parts.

Quote:
1.3. Following the rules, guide plate cannot be considered as free materials but may be modified, so carbon, allowed or not ?

Modification means changing form or shape of the original part, not exchanging it with an other part...for the rest...
see the answer to your first question

Quote:
2. "Brass ballast"

2.1. Brass ballast weights firmly attached to the body : allowed or not ?
2.2. Brass ballast weights firmly attached to the bodymounts : allowed or not ?

Both points refer to ballast so both are allowed because:

4.3 Modifications - Body modifications to comply with Art 4.1 are allowed. Body mounts/holders modifiactions are allowed.Adding ballast and/or removing weight inside the body to comply with Art 1.3 is allowed.

Quote:
3. Is SC-2421P an accurate reference # for the Scaleauto handout wheels which will be delivered in Alsdorf ?

Different shops use different ref numbers, you need the Scaleauto wheels with Procomp 3 rubber and 13 x 27.5 mm size inside diam of the rim is 20mm.

Hope this clears your mind

With kind regards
Tamar
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top