Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: IMCA rules
  Post new thread Poll:  
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 25-10-2007 at 12:41 Reply With Quote
IMCA rules

Gentlemen,

I just read at the IMCA website, that not all thr rules are clear.

[Quote]For the Nissan Nismo cars the rules are very clear, except for one point: the interior door covers. They may be replaced by lexan or paperones. For the JGTC and Autobacs Super GT cars there are still diffuse points to be clarified. More news about that item tomorrow.[Quote]

I think it's rather late to clarify several points only now! The Nismo door panels is clarified for me! Look at the pictures of the parts to be used. D you see a yellow dot on them? I don't! I just cut the lexan door panels from my lexan interior the day before yesterday. The lexan interior that I received from Nick doesn't even have vacumed door panels.

Are there other sursprises appearing the next days before the worlds 2007 start?

@JP, don't get angry when you read this, that's my opinion! Nearly all the cars are built I think. Changing the rulebook now (even if you change a single point) will make some of the participants mad.

Cheers,
Mike
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 25-10-2007 at 14:06 Reply With Quote

:holy
The NSX's and Skylines are done. The NSX's have home made, VAC FORMED diffusors under the rear, taken from the original Metal chassis, so, they have to be right.

But, listen, if I or any other SA guys are thrown out for irregularities brought on in the next few days, then so be it, I believe there's EXCELLENT Belgian Beer there... :coke: :laugh:

Big Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 25-10-2007 at 14:21 Reply With Quote

Right,

the Worlds is one reason to show up, the beer is the other.

Hopefully I :puke: after the beer and not the worlds :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Cheers,
Mike
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 25-10-2007 at 17:15 Reply With Quote

is all a bit shady.... Laws, Rules and regulations and we are not laywers..............but
Rule 6.6.(ca)
- Cockpit-The raster of the cockpit bottom plate A12 may be removed, but the fire wall, the central console and the parcel shelf must be maintained, these parts and door panels A20/21 can be replicated by lighter materials (lexan,paper etc).-

does really gives a clear indication....
JustMe

posted on 25-10-2007 at 18:00 Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

you are all right and all with the rules being sometimes :puke:
BUT: I'm sorry, it's a part of IMCA.
For many of youi -read fola, mike etc,- this is your first worlds if I am not mistaking?:upset:

In the end, the rules all become commen knowledge, and somehow JP always managed to host the most thrilling races I've ever seen or have participated in. :car:
and it always is a lot of fun, one way or the other.

See you all there next week!

Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 25-10-2007 at 18:41 Reply With Quote

;)
Hiya Nick, yes, you're 100% correct, only JP is capable of doing things this well, and I'm in total agreement. However, there is mention of a meeting tonight, about the Diffusors.. Now, that, as we all know, is a grey area, but logic tells me, replace the metal part with a vac-formed part of the same size, dimesions etc, and it should be perfectly acceptable. If now, they say we need to build something else between now and next week, then this will be a problem for may of us with finished cars..

I prefer being much more prepared, days before an event.. I can't handle building cars 6 hours before the start..

Anyway, honestly, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing you all next week.. :coke:

Big Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top