Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: 2009 IMCA WORLDS TORONTO -- OFFICIAL ANNOUNCMENT!
  Post new thread Poll:  
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 25-3-2008 at 02:41 Reply With Quote
2009 IMCA WORLDS TORONTO -- OFFICIAL ANNOUNCMENT!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/marcomotorsport/toronto_skyline_night_780.jpg

Hello Racing Friends,

You will find today on the IMCA web site the Official Announcement of the 2009 IMCA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in TORONTO from JULY 27-31, 2009. I would also like to offer my personal invitation to the great racers of Holland ( . . . and all others that are part of this forum) to come to Toronto for this next World Championship. Already 10 of 48 places have filled on this first day . . . so I hope the RFH team and others will preregister quickly for what I promise will be a spectacular World Championship.

Late July is also the very best weather in Toronto . . . and if slot racing is not enough . . . with all of the many beautiful Canadian women enjoying the outdoor cafés and clubs! The specific venue has yet to be determined, however I am looking to secure a nice location that is directly on the lake in the downtown core of the city. And best of all, the Euro is very strong in conversion to the CDN dollar so you will find that Toronto is a good value. I truly hope you will take this opportunity to join us! All the best.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
willem
LMSadmin

Mood: Tired
posted on 25-3-2008 at 15:30 Reply With Quote
RFH will definetly be part of the show

Marc,

We will be there! With "we" I mean the following RFH members for sure:

Willem > confirmed
Tamar > confirmed
Gabriel > Not confirmed
Nick > Not confirmed
Emily > Not confirmed

Besides the above people we have a number of RFH associates who are possibly in for a "ride" too.

Can you rent the biggest pick up truck available for RFH? Something with lots of cubic inches, torgue and fuel consumption:car::car:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

posted on 25-3-2008 at 18:08 Reply With Quote
Willem!

you really think I'm not going to Canada! Dude! :upset:

Em and me will be there!

fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 25-3-2008 at 20:33 Reply With Quote

Marc,
Need no convincing...... have signed up, will be there with the Missus ;-)
hope the date is set (in stone ;-) ) soon so that we can search for reasonable air fares....

C-YA,
Fola
P.S..
who let will out of the cage????
marco

posted on 25-3-2008 at 23:21 Reply With Quote

Hello to the Nutters of Holland . . . as Tamar put it . . . and other Nutters at large!

Great to see such a positive response from so many. Yes . . . yes . . . and yes . . . the dates are fixed and will not change. If you can swing it . . . I would definately recommend a two week trip. First week with the racing and the following week to enjoy Canada . . . maybe a quiet 'kick back' week north of Toronto in the lake district . . . or maybe a not so quiet week in Montreal and 'la belle province'. Or if you are really into mental carnage . . . New York City is a quick 1hr flight from Toronto. In any event, I will put a package of info together in the coming months with 'diversions' that would make a second week worth the stay. All the best for now.

Mark
gabe2001
LMSadmin

Mood: U = R * I
posted on 27-3-2008 at 12:34 Reply With Quote
just subscribed

...via IMCA site :-)
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 27-3-2008 at 12:54 Reply With Quote

yeah.... very important breaking news :cool:
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 27-3-2008 at 13:30 Reply With Quote

hey folks,

Steiff (Ralph "Psycho" Seif) and myself also subscribed.

Regards,
de Massiven
marco

posted on 27-3-2008 at 20:34 Reply With Quote

Looks like the glass is almost full guys . . . still working the lines to get more of the top Americans on the grid . . . the Yanks aren't use to the fast sign up . . . and JP is probably rattling the chains with Niemas and the Kremers. Thanks for the support . . . I'm going to make the trip worthwhile . . . will be planning a classic Canadian BBQ one night just to see if anyone has any brain matter left to destroy. All the best.

Mark.
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 28-3-2008 at 09:21 Reply With Quote

Sounds like it's going to be a blast guys. Hope you all have a great time.

regards

Big Al
Nobody

posted on 28-3-2008 at 22:52 Reply With Quote

I thought the old guy was stepping out but it seems he's still in his seat,
and decide who his best friend is.
When your a good friend you can drive a good car even if you have not enough IOC points :finger:
marco

posted on 30-3-2008 at 00:28 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobody
I thought the old guy was stepping out but it seems he's still in his seat,
and decide who his best friend is.
When your a good friend you can drive a good car even if you have not enough IOC points :finger:

If something has been missed, it would be most useful if you could be a little more specific in your comments. I have been back and forth quite a bit with JPvR in setting the stage for the 2009 WORLDS TORONTO . . . given my limited experience in organizing an international championship . . . but please stand up and be recognized as we are all friends here.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America
marco

posted on 30-3-2008 at 12:11 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Al Sounds like it's going to be a blast guys. Hope you all have a great time. Regards. Big Al

Hello Al,

I think we are both going to need a job in Europe to cut down on the travel . . . and it's a bit of hike from SA to Toronto. Hey bud, it is still a long way off and if there is any way that you can swing it . . . or if we can find a way to assist vis-a-vis the fundraising . . . I know I that I am not the only one that would like to see you on the line. Registration filled much more quickly than anticipated . . . but in any event you are welcome to my F430 for the sprint races . . . and I am sure we can fit three to a team in the GT endurance race without waking the gods. See you in a few months time Al . . . all the best.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 31-3-2008 at 08:04 Reply With Quote

Hey Nobody,

really poor show you're offering us! Please step forward in the spotlight and tell us your name. I'm pretty sure I know you and as I'm one of these not having enough IOC points to race a C6R right now I'll offer you to call you and let me explain.

But first, you have to be man enough... :laugh::laugh:.

Nobody's perfect! May I introduce myself? My name is Nobody....:m16:

Cheers for now,
Mike
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top