Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: where can I buy a Plafit exel chassis?
  Post new thread Poll:  
og_capone

posted on 25-6-2003 at 06:28 Reply With Quote
where can I buy a Plafit exel chassis?

Can someone recomend a hobby shop where I can order a Plafit chassis. I have seen many web sites with the chassis, but most of the web sites are in german, or a language I can not read. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks.
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 25-6-2003 at 07:29 Reply With Quote
Slot (d)esperanto

Hello big Al

Crossing the language barrier is easier than you might think.

Although most sites are written in their native language the people behind them do speak English.
Most of them will respond to an English e-mail

If you tell me your location ( and what type of car you would like to build)
I'm sure I can recommend you an online shop that could supply you with your needs. :D

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
og_capone

posted on 25-6-2003 at 20:53 Reply With Quote

Wow, thank you for responding so quickly. Recently my friend wanted me to get into slot racing. The most popular scale of racing in my area is 1/32. I like it, but ever since I discovered the LMS 1/24 web site I've wanted to build a 1/24 Le Mans car. From reading most of the information on this site, the Plafit chassis seems to be very popular. I plan on using Tamiya bodies on a Plafit exel chassis. The problem I have is I live in Canada, and no one here sells Plafit chassis. I will also need some recommendations with rims and tires. I think I will have to order these from Europe too. My ultamite goal is to start a 1/24 racing series here, and promote the 1/24 slot racing hobby. I would appreciate any other recommendations or advise. Thank you for you help.
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 26-6-2003 at 01:20 Reply With Quote
Getting started

Hello Al

I'm not really familiar with North American suppliers, but do know that the biggest web shops will order stuff for you, some even if its not within their normal range of products.

Plafit Chassis are most popular within the LMS because when we started the Series this was the most commonly used and available brand.

But this might not be the case in the U.s and Canada.

For your first project I would suggest trying to build one of the Old Gr C cars or an 90's GT1.
These are simple and wide bodies that will fit most chassis without any modifications.

Picking the right motor and tyres depends on what type (and size) of track you will drive the cars on and the power supply.

So give me some more details

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
og_capone

posted on 26-6-2003 at 06:39 Reply With Quote
Some Information

Unfortunalty there is no 1/24 track in my city....yet. I am hoping to start the first one! I am torn between making one out of wood or using Carrera track. Perhaps you can give me your personal opinion about what track is perferred in your area. I am hoping to make the length of the track between 100-120 feet; with each lane the same length. Cost; ofcourse, will play a huge factor in the material used and length.

I plan on using a power supply with 4-18 volts 30 amps from Professor Motor in the United States.

I am still undecided about what brand of motor I should use. A motor with 19,000- 30,000 rpm should due.

Tires will be another issue, depending on the track surface and length. I have not had any experience with foam or rubber tires on a wood surface. I may have to experiment.

As you can see I have a lot of work to do. I would love to adopt the LMS program here. LMS seems to be very successful and I hope it continues. Many people race 1/32 scale here, but there is only one hobby shop with a race track. I think if people were to see a 1/24 scale car in action it would spark some interest. I am hoping to make a car first; for myself, and show the other racers. Perhaps this will make them more interested.

I have been looking around on the internet and have come across Motor Modern Chassis. Have you heard of them? Here is a link: http://www.motormodern.info/
I hope it works. This chassis may be available to me as a substitution for the Plafit chassis. I can purchase this chassis through an american distributor. What are you thought about both chassis'.

Thank you, AL
2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
posted on 12-1-2004 at 17:50 Reply With Quote

Hi Al,

First of all welcome to model car racing.

The PM power should be great. We are using the Plafit Bison motor which requires 18V. We are using 25 shore natural rubber tires (Tamar and the dutch guys are using 45 shore rubber) Dunno the difference, but I am sure I wiull find out some day)

The Motor Modern chassis is great and in performance comparable to the Plafit. In Denmark most have MoMo, in Holland and Germany most have Plafit, probably due to the fact that Plafir has been on the market longer.

Momo is assembled with hex bolts and Plafit is assembled with Phillips srews and nuts. Preference is a matter of taste.

I have a Carrera track and so does the club I race in - but I dream of a wooden track...

Also take a look at the PM controllers, I prefer them over Parma. Or look at www.nsrslot.it, they make a really nice controller.

Best regards
Henrik
Sideways

Mood: No Mood
posted on 13-1-2004 at 11:25 Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Plafit around the world ...........good one!
Started with this man........ http://www.slotcars.org/playfit/

Here is a peace of text what Tamar wrote earlier...in 2000;

Plafit and 1/24 scale aftermarket parts on and of the web
As you know, Plafit is Japanese by origin, and actually the main Importer is MRRC based in Guernsey. So I also find it strange that there is no supplier or retailer in the United Kingdom.
I will send a copy of this mail to the slotlist e-group so maybe somebody has more info on that.
Here are some web addresses who sell and do mailorders

Mail-order Suppliers
First Germanys biggest distributor of Plafit parts, H+T motorracing in Darmstad (near Frankfurt)
Its a German website but the owner Kurt Petry speaks and writes English.
You can find his website at: http://www.ht-motorracing.de/ or contact him direct at: info@ht-motorracing.de

Second our main Germany supplier is Peter Meister who runs Meister Service Dienst in Kamp Linfort . He has just renewed his website, but the slotrace section is not yet finished.
http://www.carrera-erlebnis.de/index.html
Peter is a great guy and his English is o.k.
He's well informed on the aftermarket parts we use in our series (Tyres,rims and wheelinserts)
Just tell him which car you want to build and that it is for our Le Mans series and he will know what parts you need.
You can contact him via:
Tel: 0049284210131

Third Slotrace centre the Pits in Sint Niklaas Belgium, this is the place were the 2001 inaugural race will be held. Owner Paul Schietekat is expanding his Plafit stock fast and will have most Series parts in stock by beginning of next year
His website is under construction but if you mail or call him he is fluent in English.
e-mail: depits@skynet.be
Tel: 003237101181

Cheers,

Sideways.

Sideways has attached this image:
Uden 2003 5.jpg - 85.48kb

ORANGEPICKER

Mood: No Mood.
thumbup.gif posted on 14-1-2004 at 06:16 Reply With Quote
pla-fit /momo

i had a big thread in one of the u.s. forums trying to convince them that this is a real scalemodel chassis to race in hard bodies. the thread was 'thrashed' and some even gave me negative remarks and even "TOLD"me to use american products.well,i have proven them wrong and these chassies that i use now are also in -demand among the hardbody racers here in australia.
there are good points and bad points for each chassis like this ,BUT it thrashes all the others that these ignorant people use.

pla-fit is available in 7 different models and the momo is in 3 models.
i have proven this in our races here in australia.
you can't go wrong in using them.

good racing to all of you

i
JoeAngelicchio

posted on 12-2-2004 at 01:51 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by ORANGEPICKER
i had a big thread in one of the u.s. forums trying to convince them that this is a real scalemodel chassis to race in hard bodies. the thread was 'thrashed' and some even gave me negative remarks and even "TOLD"me to use american products.well,i have proven them wrong and these chassies that i use now are also in -demand among the hardbody racers here in australia.
there are good points and bad points for each chassis like this ,BUT it thrashes all the others that these ignorant people use.

pla-fit is available in 7 different models and the momo is in 3 models.
i have proven this in our races here in australia.
you can't go wrong in using them.

good racing to all of you

i

HEy Orange,
I too am mostly interested in 1/24 model car racing. I don't get it that this isn't more popular in North America. Only problem with Plafit and Momo in North America is that it's expensive. I'm planning on scratch building my chassis but may pattern it after the momo. I've been collecting 1/24 models now for the past few months and will be building a routed track for home. I can't see going smaller than 1/24 and the great detail it can have. Orange, have you dealt with Pattos? I'm thinking of ordering tires, wheels, bearing and whatever else I need to build my cars.
Joe
ORANGEPICKER

Mood: No Mood.
posted on 12-2-2004 at 05:57 Reply With Quote
pattos

i have no comment .
i get my parts from germany and the nederlands ,but it is hard because i don't speak german .
i usually get them through friends i met when i raced in belgium.

try www.scalerace.dk they have an english section.
i have just ordered some big items from thems 3 days ago.am still waiting for delivery.

i come from downunder where HOLDENS ROAR AND THUNDER!
slotbaker

posted on 13-2-2004 at 05:23 Reply With Quote
Patto's

Joe,
I have bought many parts from Patto's as he is local to me, and has everything in stock. It's easy to hop into the car and 30 minutes later I'm there.
I also know that Patto ships to all over the world, so should be able to help you out.
Regards,

Steve K.
:cool:
JoeAngelicchio

posted on 13-2-2004 at 13:41 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by tamar
Hello big Al

Crossing the language barrier is easier than you might think.

Although most sites are written in their native language the people behind them do speak English.
Most of them will respond to an English e-mail

If you tell me your location ( and what type of car you would like to build)
I'm sure I can recommend you an online shop that could supply you with your needs. :D

I'm in the same boat. Wanting to build 1/24 cars but need to find the correct sized tires and wheels and other parts.
Thanks
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top