Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

EEC 1/24 FIA GT: Availebility EEC 1/24 FIA GT Bodies, Kits & Decals
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 18-12-2007 at 13:12 Reply With Quote

This sounds just great Nick. I must admit that I have no idea of how much work this is, but I presume that it’s more time consuming that we can imagine.

We obviously must try to make the cars as god looking as possible. I am afraid that we might fail to keep up to your standards, but well do as best we can :holy:holy:holy

Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
JustMe

posted on 18-12-2007 at 21:46 Reply With Quote
Just another day at the office

every model we make at the RFH workshop is a lot of work, approximately between 300 and 400 hours, before every part for this new model is complete. This 430 makeover is so far even the easiest yet :laugh:

But I dont think it should be that hard for you to get the car living up to 'my standards'. Cause all you have to do is paint it, decal it, clearcoat it, paint the interieur and inserts, and some detailpainting, and you're off.
What I personally always use for painting my cars is using normal Tamiya spraycan colour, in your case black, let it dry for at least 4 hours, then decal it, use 70% alcohol to get airbubbles out, let the decals dry overnight, and then for safety I use Topcoat, or if I'm sure the decals can take it, Mr Hobby Super Clear, this is a bit more aggresive clearcoat.
Will talk you trough your build as soon as you have your kits :car:, and you can of course always ask.

JustMe

posted on 24-12-2007 at 00:05 Reply With Quote
it worked!

today I've nailed the front louvre issue, mostly in the way I had planned, but I used plastic sheets instead of messing ones. It still is a hard job, but I just took my time and the front left side is pretty much done. If one looks closer you'll see that's it's not just the louvre that needs to change, but also the way the wheelarch arches down, in a straight line, to where the front skirt ends. Tomorrow morning the front right side will follow and then the splitter, which is an easy one.
Then will undoubtly follow some endless sanding and priming the rear panels. But before that I will make the rear detail. :D
Reveiling my own 'secrets', :laugh: I'm testing my Maser almost every wednesday on the test track in Almere, and it has improved a lot, I just hope it'll be enough.
Updates on a few others:
Henry and his Maser have yet to start building.
Tamar has his Lambo in some patching up stage, and will probably have to build a new one after Oslo. At the moment he's pretty busy making a very nice C5-R Corvette :holy finally we'll have one!
I'm trying to supply everyone with the Ferrari in time. I've taken almost a hundred pictures untill now, just have to find a way to get them here, as they are Tamars cam....:cool:
I have no idea on how the Porsche guys are progressing. Hopefully there will be enough time to take the perfect Scaleproductions Porsche and copy it for them.

After my Ferrari's are shipped out I'm planning to make a nice GT for myself for fun, either the white and black #7 Lambo Murcie, or the threecoloured Larbre Comp Aston Martin DBR-9, or the Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 430 GT2. I will make pics of this build to.
Happy hollidays everyone.

JustMe

posted on 27-12-2007 at 18:02 Reply With Quote
seeing the end

Well, after a first curious shot of primer, I was amazed with how well the rear panels look. Of course it will need some sanding and primering, but it looks better than I thought. Front louvres are in on both sides. An accidental big scratch on the hood is gone. Looks like I'm in the final stages.
Which includes: Making the rear detail, but I don't think this will take long.
Making the splitter, which is easy.
Checking out if the window stiles need work. I want the windows to fit on top of the stiles, and not from the inside out, like on the Revell kit.
Making spoiler supports, which are quite easy on the Ferrari as well.
Mirrors are already done, so are the wheel inserts, for which I have to make a few extra molds to keep up with demand.
I still have the molds for making a lexan interior for the 430 from the white 430's we raced in Barca, so no need to make a new one :D

I know, trust me, the pics will follow :comp1:

(Fola, you have U2U)

tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 2-1-2008 at 02:31 Reply With Quote
decal update

Ok here's an update on the f430 decals...

It's been a lot of work, but so far I'm happy with the result. All the logo's for the AF corse Motorola, the Edil- Cris and the Scuderia Ecosse cars have been drawn, and scaled.

For this job the added challenge was that I needed to make a full set of body templates, sort of what you get if you "skinn" a 3 dimensional f430 and "flatten it to a 2 dimensional drawing.

Sound's easy, but it is a lot of work and it takes endless cyles of drawing, printing, test fitting and redrawing ect....
...and after many, many,many hours you get something like this.

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/gif/decalplan_f430_62.gif

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/gif/decalplan_f430_52.gif

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rolf

posted on 2-1-2008 at 08:19 Reply With Quote

Tamar,
This just looks great! I admire the work you RfH guys do to get your cars, and in this case also our car, exact replicas of the original 1/1 scale car :holy:holy

I must admit that my primary interest is in running the cars, and not so much in building. But with the effort you put in to this I do look forward to put this car together as the best looking car in my garage :car:

Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
tamar

posted on 2-1-2008 at 12:43 Reply With Quote
happy New Year Kai, Jostein and Big Al

The first try out of the Af corse decals.

This is why I needed to make the body templates, as I wanted to make a decal set where you had 2 options.

1. where you could decal all the blue shapes
  2. where you paint the blue color, using the blue decal as a guide for your paint mask. on this option you only decal the white lines which will give you nice and clean edges.

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/gif/decal_f430_afcorse.gif

On the pic below you see the result. As a test I printed the decal drawing on an A4 label, ( the paper sticker material you put on enveloppes)
From experiance I know that if you can get a good fit without to many wrinkles with the paper sticker (which is not very flexible) you definately get a good fit with the final decal (using some decal softner in the proces to stretch where needed and flatten out the wrinkles)

The only problem is that I used a Revell f430 for the test fit as Nick is still working on the Fujimi base GRP kit, but they should fit on a fuijimi as well.

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/models/f-430_decal_afcorse01.jpg

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/models/f-430_decal_afcorse02.jpg

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bill

Mood: No Mood
posted on 2-1-2008 at 22:15 Reply With Quote

Nice work... man :D

He who dies with the most toys.....Wins :-)
JustMe

posted on 3-1-2008 at 18:24 Reply With Quote
Sneak Preview

Almost done! tomorrow it'll be swimming

http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/ndw/f430_master_01.jpg

Rolf

posted on 3-1-2008 at 20:17 Reply With Quote

Impressive!
Can’t wait to get hold of those 430 bodys!

For Tamar and also Nick: Is your decals in such a stage that you can manage to get the sheets printed and shipped with the body? If so please u2u me wire information and prize and you have the $ going your way right away. If not, Nick can please just send the body’s so that we can start working on it as soon as possible.

Rgds
Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
Big Al

posted on 4-1-2008 at 05:15 Reply With Quote

Hi Nick,

it's looking awesome dude. Are you still going to add the Naca ducts and round vents on the bonnet?
I LOVE the side fins dude.. Definately have to relook at my mold and redo it.

Cheers

Big Al
JustMe

posted on 5-1-2008 at 07:49 Reply With Quote
didn't sleep

last night and I'm now heading back again after a shower to pour the silicone, I just kept wanting to perfect the body more. I reshaped the louvres again and now they are almost perfect.
A hint: You'll love this lady's behind :D:D:D

So today is pouring, takes only 3 hours to dry, tonight pour the second mold, so I can laminate the body's in pairs of two, to get them the all of you as quick as possible.

Naca duct is in (one of my Nismo had written a donorform - perfect shape- :D), also all the other parts like fuel nozzles and front air intakes. The panel lines on the rear panels are back. Splitter is on, wing supports are made, a big mold for the modern 7 spoke BBS is drying :cool:

Thank you Al so much for the engine detail, saved me a lot of time, it's already swimming and will be vacuformed this afternoon at 16:00.

But the butt I made this night is the hottest, you'll al see them soon here, but even more.... on the track :laugh:
I'm not gonna make the little air holes on the front bonnet, cause only AF Corse has them and they are a nightmare to make, on Al's body one (probably the first) hole is perfect, but the other looks good but is just not exactly equal, cause it is such a hard shape to make.

What will my next project be? I dont know yet, but I'm still wanting a Saleen, a good one. hmm maybe. First probably is the Porsche 997.

Big Al

posted on 5-1-2008 at 17:13 Reply With Quote

;)
Sounds logical, and I can't wait to see the results dude.. Get Pics online FAST... :car:

And, if you're interested, a top secret development is currently under way on this side of the planet, based on something you mentioned, which exists, but isn't exactly correct...

I'll leave you all in suspense for a few weeks..

Cheers

Big Al
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 5-1-2008 at 20:59 Reply With Quote

so Als workin on the Cursa Saleen...
Nicks got some nice ASS and no sleep ;-)....
and me... ??
Been mad busy (in my Basement!!

P.S that silikon is good to go in 90 mins.....
Gert

posted on 6-1-2008 at 00:02 Reply With Quote
I would call it Nuts,mad and crazy .....whatever

I'm just walking around like a old man with a bend back :laugh::laugh:
And cant do a thing :upset::upset:

Greetz Gert

JustMe

biggrin.gif posted on 6-1-2008 at 11:55 Reply With Quote
90 minutes

or "Laminate in 60 Seconds? :car:

Pff, got some sleep tonight :) and that works :)
We got things rollin' as the decals are printed tomorrow, hope nothing goes wrong but I dont think so. The work that we have seen from this man is really profesional.

Can't wait to get the first of the 430 out the mold myself :bounc:
Will post again when I have one, so I can give her sizes :laugh:

Did see a amazingly nice 550 made by studio27 :D:D:D To bad they are not running anymore, it was, after the Viper, the foundation of the FIA GT as we know it.
but first up, the Porsche 997 and the Corvette C5-R.

Big Al

posted on 6-1-2008 at 19:18 Reply With Quote

:)
Keep it up little man, I'm certain it's gonna look WICKEDLY good.
And no, it's certainly NOT a Cursa Model...:cool:

Regards

B A
JustMe

posted on 8-1-2008 at 23:05 Reply With Quote
one down, three to go

got the first one laminated, and as expected the first one is never perfect. But dimensions are:
82,8 rear
80,0 front
roofheigth 47,0 mm with 1mm ground clearance.

So that comes round 213 grams on Tamars new GT2 weight calculator :bounc:, against the Porsche coming out on around 196 grams, cause of it's amazingly short wheelbase.

Today was a bit hard to laminate one in the early evening, had to work 13 hours straight at work, so tonight I will laminate the second, and tomorrow the third and fourth as I have 2 molds.

Crash

posted on 15-1-2008 at 16:52 Reply With Quote

Hi again guys,
I just looked at this thread and IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE THE AMOUNT OF TIME AND WORK THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO GET THE BODY AND THE DECALS FOR THEM...
I SALUTE YOU...
Does this body meet the rules height for JP's race this summer????Or am I getting the different races confused??????????I do that a lot at my age...
CONFUSED that is...
crash

????
tamar

posted on 28-1-2008 at 04:09 Reply With Quote
Decals Maserati MC 12 JMB & Sara Playteam

Light at the end of the tunnel.....
Finished the decals for the JMB and the Sara Playteam MC12's
Nice feature is that the chrome on the Sara cars will be decalled as well

Well...just one more to go

With kind regards
Tamar
beaufort12

posted on 28-1-2008 at 07:56 Reply With Quote

Hi Tamar,

i´ve sent you a mail...;)

regards
Udo
Gert

thumbup.gif posted on 28-1-2008 at 08:35 Reply With Quote
Do you still need to know why they cal you the Grandmaster

Look @ the decals and see for yourself :holy:holy:holy Mr T

Guess we need to empty a bottle of http://home.no.net/bentin/images/baileys/baileys.gif

Thanks and see you @ the race

Big Al

posted on 28-1-2008 at 09:03 Reply With Quote

:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy

Must agree.. Mr T, u're a Wizzard..

Regards

Big Al
Bill

posted on 28-1-2008 at 23:24 Reply With Quote

Great work..Thanks :bounc::holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:bounc:

He who dies with the most toys.....Wins :-)
Big Al

posted on 23-2-2008 at 05:36 Reply With Quote

Mr T, Nick,

Could you guys pls post the decal sheet like above of the Vitaphone MC12 please?? :holy:holy

Regards

Big Al
 Pages:  1  2  3
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top