Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

EEC 1/24 FIA GT: Tech Rules: extra weight ballast
  Post new thread Poll:  
Kaitsu

Mood: No Mood
posted on 16-1-2008 at 14:34 Reply With Quote
Tech Rules: extra weight ballast

Hi,

could you please tell me if this article 3 from IMCA rule book is valid for EEC:

Art. 3: RACE FORMAT AT ALL IMCA-EVENTS

3.3. RACE FORMAT AT ENDURANCE RACES

"(d) OBLIGATORY EXTRA BALLAST - The 3 first of each class at each race have to start with res. 20 gram ballast, 10 gram ballast and 5 gram ballast to be glued under the highest point of the motor bonnet. On loosing such ballast the car has to make a pit stop to fix the ballast again. The ballast is maintained as long as a car finishes among the top-3 of its class (then more ballast will be added to the previous one). Once a car finishes no longer in the top-3 of its class all ballast may be removed."

regards
kai
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 17-1-2008 at 16:24 Reply With Quote
Will check with JP

If this is serious or not...meaning this is the first time I have heard of this rule.

I'm not against a handicap system, but only if it is needed and in good measure.
A handicap system needs to make it a bit more difficult, but for any GT1 MC12 running @ 237gr would be a sudden death sentence. No bother showing up at the next race.
For GT2 it would be even worse, just 8 cars and after the first event you've got almost half of the entrants running extra weight!

But I'll take it up with JP and anyhow this won't be an issue until the 2nd round at Merlijn.
So for now don't worry about it!

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top