Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Tech tips: 2008 PANAM PLAFIT CHAMPIONSHIP - CHICAGO
  Post new thread Poll:  
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 21-5-2008 at 02:23 Reply With Quote
2008 PANAM PLAFIT CHAMPIONSHIP - CHICAGO

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/900/97porschegt1daytona2001ss6.jpg

The infamous DPM takes on a new partner this year with the 2008 PANAM 'PLAFIT' CHAMPIONSHIP to be held in the great city of CHICAGO on October 4th and 5th at MID AMERICA RACEWAY. We have received tremendous support from both Nori Ono and the DPM Meister, Kurt Petri to bring this great racing event across the Atlantic. We have been fortunate to attract a top team from Australia as well as teams from Japan and Germany alongside a growing list of teams from the United States and Canada. A few more of America's 'hot shots' will be added to the roster in the next couple of weeks.

With only a handful of places left on the grid, it would be a pleasure to have any of you guys come over to race the 'Midwest Monster' and keep us honest. Check out the great accomodations, only US$79 a room with a classic American hot breakfast . . . that's only about 25 euros each guys . . . I think I paid that to park my car in Wiesbaden last week. And the jazz clubs in Chicago are the best on the planet. And if that's not enough . . . there's always the thought of taking home America's cup! Maybe just too much to resist.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Keld Hoefler

Mood: making my 5.th woodtrack
posted on 21-5-2008 at 16:25 Reply With Quote

Hi Mark

Nice to meet you in Germany, the picture is showing a car who is not allowed in plafit race :)
GT1 1998 it should be GT1 1997

Keld
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marco

posted on 21-5-2008 at 23:30 Reply With Quote

Hi Keld

Also good to meet you at the DPM . . . and thanks for the catch on the 97/98 GT1. This image is more appropriate for the PANAM with the original 1997 works car in its last campaign at Daytona in 2001. All the best.

Mark
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 22-5-2008 at 00:09 Reply With Quote

That was a quick "correction/modification!!!!

Look fwd 2 c-ing u in Toronto.- or will u b @ the worlds this year?

Fola
marco

posted on 22-5-2008 at 02:03 Reply With Quote

I will be at the Worlds for sure. Can't wait to see some of the trick sh*t you top guns have put together this year . . . let alone the racing that keeps us amateurs dreaming. Only a couple of months now, so I better get working on those F430s. Really like that new interior that Nick has made. I have to talk to Plafit about cutting a chassis plate and matching motor mounts for the 24. See you soon.

Mark
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 22-5-2008 at 06:28 Reply With Quote

Hi Mark,

Nick's not the ONLY person who has lightweight bits for the cars.. :car:

Regards

Big Al
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top