Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

Tech tips: Inliner or Excel
  Post new thread Poll:  
JustMe

posted on 3-12-2004 at 11:24 Reply With Quote
Inliner or Excel

Here's a new one, since I found it a pitty that of the most able fora on this site to perhaps create something that actually makes sense.

So now this one: Inliner or Excel?;)
I've seen in the LMS series so far 3 Inliner cars that really drove nicely. The commentary those guys gave were that the inliner is a bit harder to adjust, especially in the ground clearance area, one of the most important areas. :) Oh really? I have no idea why I get refused by the TC so often, you have 3 guesses as to why? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of the 3 cars I saw drove in the infamous cellar in Amsterdam, and it was off pace by only 0.1 sec. :comp::comp:
So, as I'm too often searcing for a new challenge, next year's Uden race I will try to take on the Excel cars with an Inliner........MG :)
Could be lots of fun........or not.

Anyway, please post if you have any experience with the chassis.

2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
posted on 7-12-2004 at 11:19 Reply With Quote

Another interesting chassis is the Plafit ProSidewinder - I am running almost as fast with it - just out of the box as I am with a every well setup Excel. You say almost is not fast enough, you're right, but I am sure that with a bit of messing with the Sidewinder, it'll go as fast as the Excel - and it is much more simple for both beginners and experts.

I, too would like to play some more with the Inliner chassis.

Best regards
Henrik
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

posted on 7-12-2004 at 11:33 Reply With Quote
Haven't tougth about that

and I haven't seen one either..... But my first idea was what you were pointing out: Very easy for beginning slotracers....... Such as myself ;)

The thing about the Inliner-Inliner (don't know it's official name) is that the gear-area is not so wide as the Excel. I believe that there are only 5 possible combinations or so?

And another significant detail is that the engine is up in the air, so that means 40 gram 1mm higher then everybody else........ Well, at least if we can not fight of the Excels we go down in glory :comp1:

slotmad

Mood: still waiting
posted on 7-12-2004 at 11:54 Reply With Quote

I don not quite understand the 1 mm higher issue. When you put down the engine to the chassis (close the gap), you can adjust the groundclearance with the wheel diameter. On the other hand; what is just 1 mm?

Slotmad
2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
posted on 7-12-2004 at 17:37 Reply With Quote

The problem with clearance is not so much in the front, as the those wheels doesn't get that much worn down - It is more a problem in the rear, eg with a long distance race - who wants to change wheels all the time??

The Sidewinder can adjust the rear groundclerance just like the Excel, but in order to adjust the front, you either have to do it with the official Plafit lowering kit, or by wheel diameter...

Sigma actually only makes 3 different crownwheels (I haven't found more at least), so you are quite limited, and they have a strange jump, 28, 34 and 36 - what happened to 30 and 32???

On the Inliner Pro, the motor is kinda left hanging up in the air - maybe it is aircooled :bounc:

Best regards
Henrik
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

tongue.gif posted on 9-12-2004 at 09:59 Reply With Quote
Well mad slotter....

it shouldn't be a problem to lower the engine, but the thing is because the inliner is ...........in line.... and so are the gearings. You cannot lower the engine so far that it is of centre whit the crownwheel. :upset:

And 1mm is not that much, but it is when 1/3 of you chassis weight is 1mm higher.
In a while I will start my inliner project and see what I can come up with. :comp:

Rob de Wit

posted on 9-12-2004 at 15:40 Reply With Quote

Valt me een beetje tegen Justme.

Ik kan me nog herinneren een race in Leeuwarden, 1:32 ITC, waarin Mack (je kent hem wel) de motor iets liet zakken maar toch de uitlijning in de gaten hield. Iets schuin dus.

Good luck in Leeuwarden

Een vrind

PS mocht je gaan antwoorden altijd vriendelijk he
Gert

posted on 9-12-2004 at 17:34 Reply With Quote
I gues the Wizzkid needs a little magicbox

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Greetz Gert: Team Virage is ready to rumble.

JustMe

pimpflash.gif posted on 10-12-2004 at 11:33 Reply With Quote
magicbox?

I only need one thing..... I think we all do and it's..................TIME :laugh:
Gert

posted on 10-12-2004 at 12:01 Reply With Quote
I dont need spare time we are ready to start the car

:D:D:D

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top