English: Danish Nationals
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2
Paal

Mood: Dont Worry Be Happy
posted on 3-2-2006 at 14:14 Reply With Quote
Danish Nationals

Hello Guys!

Tamar asked how preparations are going for the Danish Nationals in another topic, so here I´ll try to answer that!!

The testing season before the race started two weeks ago! And it is almost as intense and at times silly as 1:1 racing pre season testing! Some go for out and out lap records every time we meet at The Big Blue (Name of the Danish Nationals track), some seems to be testing and getting nowhere, like myself, others again is just plain lost!!

The Big Blue is not just a Blue King track, it is a very special FLAT blue King, with a huge corner at the end of the straight and you need a very special setup compared to a normal King. On top of that the track posseses very litle grip without glue, and thats the way we will be racing on it, well unless of course you use the right tires, conditioned with the right goop! The organizers, DMCA, which by the way I´m a part of, did not want to use hand out tires, something which in my opinion was a big mistake, but heck, were all in the same boat! That has meant utter anarki conserning, tires and goop!

Right now the "Testing Season" has been won fair and square by Keld and Christian Hoefler, who has continously been the quickest at all tests so far. Next up has been Henrik, with a pletora of 8 or 10 drivers right on their heels. Quickest lap so far, on a track close to race conditions has been set by Christian Hoefler with a 7.6 secs time!

The beauty of testing though is the posibility to "sandbag", and I´m quite sure a lot of the cars doing the testing rounds has not been 100% legal! Unfortunately Keld claims that both his and Christians cars are legal! Lets see on race day!

I have come up with a tire, a gearing and a setup that I will run, come rain or shine, I have a very stabel car by now that is easy to drive. My quickest lap has been 7.9s not so far off the quickest, but I hope it will be a few 100 quicker when I test next time around. I´m not the quickest driver, and my two favorites are Christian Hoefler and Henrik for winner, but I hope to mix it in the top third of the field, and you never know...........................................

My car is most probably going to be a converted Carrera Corvette C6, tires looks like 40 Shore JAP, gearing 12/38, chassis - well the verdict is still out here, so it might be a PlaFit or a MoMo SW1 or even a Metris Mk. II or..........................

Paal Hanson

Vikings Scaleracing Club, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 6-2-2006 at 13:23 Reply With Quote
Keep us posted

Hello Paal

Thanks for the post, it will be interesting to read how the rest of the story developes.
Keep us posted and I'll "upgrade your posts to news articles under the "international" section.
Maybe 2h could join in and tell us some more about his "sandbacking" :D
And hey, Christian is a fast youngster and his dad builds fast and clean cars...they dont have to cheat to be fast :holy

GOOD LUCK WITH THE NATS.

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paal

posted on 6-2-2006 at 13:56 Reply With Quote

Hello Tamar,

I´m definately not saying that Keld (or Christian) is cheating, they are fast, and it worrys me!

However I am saying, a lot of the guys are running cars that is not 100% according to the rules. And that is a mistake, for them, as the results they get is not really representative of what the car will do with windows, rear wings and interiors installed!

Personally I have tested only with cars that was 100% built according to the rules.

But as I said earlier, Christian is one hell of a quick driver with one hell of a quick car, wether he can transform that into hard results on the day remains to be seen, however both he and his father is bound to be in the final! And if by chance, I get there, they will be tough to beat! Just like 2H will be a very tough guy to beat, if he gets his car sorted out.

The great thing about these Nats is that there will be 12-15 very good drivers fighting for the 8 finals spots, so there is bound to be some very good fights, both during qualifying and the heats. And it is going to thake very litle good or bad luck to be either in or out of the finals!

These are the confirmed entries as off february 6th. 2006.:

1. Henrik Hasager, VSC, Ferrari 550 Maranello, Plafit SW Pro
2. Pål Hanson, VSC, Corvette 6C GT1, Plafit Excel Pro or Metris Mk.II
3. Søren Henriksen, VSC, Nissan Skyline R34 GT/R, Plafit Excel Pro
4. Rolf Næhr, VSC, Nissan Skyline R34 GT/R, Plafit Excel Pro
5. Jens Peter Andreassen, VSC, Nissan Skyline R34 GT/R, Plafit Excel Pro
6. Rasmus Johansen, VSC/HMC, TBA, Slotvision
7. Kai Bach Andersen, HMC, Toyota Supra, Plafit Excel
8. Leo Andersen, HMC, Toyota Supra, Plafit Excel
9. Keld Høfler, HMC, Ferrari Enzo, PlaFit
10. Christian Høfler, HMC, Ferrari Enzo, PlaFit
11. Jørgen Rigtrup, HMC, Jaguar XJ220, TBA
12. Ole Andersen, ELMC, TBA, TBA
13. Per Dyrholm, RfO, TBA, TBA
14. Erik Mathiasen, RfO, TBA, TBA
15. Jakob Andersen, Esbjerg, TBA, TBA
16. Michael Klarskov, HMC, TBA, TBA
17. Gorm Nørgaard, PMR, TBA, TBA
18. Per Steen Nielsen, Gimle, TBA, Metris Mk. II
19. Niels Brammer-Olsen, HMC, Ferrari F40, Plafit Excel
20. Oliver Andersen, VSC, TBA, Plafit Excel Pro
21. Rene Andersen, VSC, TBA, Plafit Excel Pro
22. Anders Nilsen, HMC, Porsche 911 GT1 Evo, Metris Mk. I
23. Mark Sander, PMR, Jaguar XJ220, Plafit Excel Pro
24. Hroar Olsen, HMC, TBA, TBA
25. Henrik Bering, PMR, Mercedes CLK GTR, Slotvision

The list is made in order of time of entry for the Nationals. There is 25 other driver who has made a preliminary entry but has yet to pay the entry fee, all of the above has payed the entry and is garanteed to show up.

Thae chassis and body noted above is what people has been testing with.

Paal Hanson

Keld Hoefler

Mood: making my 5.th woodtrack
posted on 6-2-2006 at 16:35 Reply With Quote

Hi there

Yes unfortunally, for the others, our cars (all 4 off them) is very quick and legal, all over 190 gr. some more, we just needed to test it ;-)
the slowest of my 4 cars so far was 7,81
my luck is to have Christian to compare with, then when we meesure 2 cars, and i make a change on one of them, i will compare it again with Christian and the other car.
and when i having 4 cars it is very fast to test different setups, and compare them to each other all the time.

Next wendays we are gonna test tires, sorry Paal but that part we havent reach yet, i have 8 different sets of tires ready, and Christian is testing when i am changing them, so its gonna be a little better if the first choice of tires that we testet on so far isnt the best.

and a small time correction, we have made a time on 7,51 with a car exatly on 190 gr. but of course without inserts on the wheels and without 0,9 gram wing. 7,61 is made with 198 gram car.

Keld
Paal

posted on 6-2-2006 at 17:13 Reply With Quote

Hi Keld,

I know about the 7.51 time, however the track was not cleaned at that first test, so in my book that time is not all together correct.....

On the other hand I´m sure the times will get down around the 7.3 to 7.5 sec. at the race!!

Paal Hanson

tamar

posted on 6-2-2006 at 18:21 Reply With Quote
Having a ball

Hello Guys

Looks like you guys are having lost of fun, and lots of competition. I must say Paal, 7.51 on a "flat" King with fox motors...hnmmmmmm :car:
If the "Hoeflers" keep working like a team you might have a problem.
What happened to the White Mouse team spirit?
From what I hear from you guys you and 2H are competing instead of working toghether :laugh::laugh:

Keep us posted and...

may the best Dane win :D

With kind regards
Tamar
2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
posted on 7-2-2006 at 07:00 Reply With Quote

The White Mouse Team spirit is very much alive and kickin'.

We are comparing notes and working together on gearings and tires - and setting up the chassises. We have pretty much decided on which tires. Although I have decided to race the plank, I am also helping building the Excel chassis for a couple of the other Vikings Scaleracing Club members. My goal is that all VSC guys end up in atleast a semifinal.

And also, competition is the best way to improve. Pål and I just have some different views and preferences for gearings :laugh:

Best regards
Henrik
Paal

posted on 7-2-2006 at 08:28 Reply With Quote
Ball Room Blitz!!

Hey Tamar,

As 2H writes the White Mouse team spirit is very much alive and kicking! As 2H I am helping out four of our Vikings members building PlaFit chassis, and they are now very much spot on!

However, 2H and I have gone seperate ways with our setups, I need a very stabel car, and 2Hs plank is a bit twitchy for my liking! I have three different PlaFits to test tomorow and one Metris.

On gearing it seems to be 12 on the pinion and 38 or 40 on the spur that works for me, giving a very nice flow, 2H on the other hand feels these gearings brakes to badly, and needs a bigger spur.

Tires is also firmly set for me, but that is going to be my little secret, though 40 shore JAP is a close competitor!

Tomorow will surely be very interesting, I hope I can finde the last couple of 100s so I get a bit closer to Keld, Christian and Henrik - on the other hand, very often the winner of the testing season does not win the championship;)

Paal Hanson

JustMe

biggrin.gif posted on 7-2-2006 at 15:16 Reply With Quote
Let's see if I can still find the right buttons

if you what I mean :finger:

I'm getting really curious now, especially to see if 2H can find that last bit of setup information right, since he found some new in his emailbox. :car:
Nice to see however this big entrylist. Should be a garantee of a exciting race; at the front and back of the field. Wishing you all good luck in the race and please keep us posted, as the Danish Nationals are becoming a sort of daily discussed tv show down here:coke::comp:

Paal

posted on 7-2-2006 at 21:29 Reply With Quote
Hot mails.........

Hey Wizz,

I have just read your mail comments to Henrik, and if we where racing on a traditional King I´d go along with you, all the way, you are not just the WizzKid for us, but our collective slot-guru!

Now then, back to topic! I had worked along the lines of your suggestions, until late last wednesday, around 23.00 hours I had used my PlaFits, and they where nice and stabel, but they lacked the last bit of performance..................

For the hell of it, I took out my Metris Mk. II/Lambo bodied car and I emidiately did laps 2-3 hundreds quicker than before, this was with the same gearing and the same tires!!! And this was after 6 hours of free pratice, tires all gooped up, track relatively grippy!!

The plank is a very unstabel piece of equipment on this particular King track, and the standard WizzKid basic setup is also somewhat off, but better than the plank! Next time you come to visit Denmark I hope you and the rest of RfH will come to test on this King track, to expirience for yourself that it is a different kettel of fish!

So, after tonights strategy meeting in White Mouse Racing, we have a plan, and it very much centers around personal preferences. I have four chassis that all handles very well, within just a few 100 of each other, Henrik has at least two chassis that he prefers, and a gearing that works for him. Tires, well I know what I will go for, so its only down to chassis choice for me, and also for Henrik.

I still think that my favorite is Henrik, he has a lot of driving slot cars under his belt from 2005, and should have the edge!

Testing is testing, racing is racing - and to be honest, I remember 1000000 og times that a racing team had every thing sorted out during testing, however come the real racing, they where nowhere. By that account, I´m in real goos shape:laugh:

So guys, we will deffinately keep you posted on the development leading up to the Danish Nationals - Cheers:coke:

Paal Hanson

Paal

posted on 9-2-2006 at 07:05 Reply With Quote
Third test "day"

This time the track was again cleaned, so there was no trace of glue on the track when practice began, and the times showed. The quickest times soaring into the low 8.4 secs :D

Around 23.00 the grip had built up, after 4 hours of racing/praticing, and finally the times fell into the 7.6s again:holy

In between the times dropped gradually but very slowly. White Mouse Racing seem to be in good chape, in that 2H has a very stabel car at all conditions. He is still only the third fastest behind the Hoefler boys, but "The Plank" will most probably work better in the run of the race:finger:

Two other of the White Mouse Racing drivers has dessided on a standard WizzKid setup and a Martin Borch setup, this will suit their driving style:cool:

My own Metris Mk II works very well, but looses out when the conditions get grippier so my chassis choice has been made easy, I have no "Plank", but I have something close and that will be my choice;) an thats the "1/2 Plank"! Tires are decided, and we have the grip situation for qualifying sorted, and the works White Mouse Racing drivers: 2H and myself, should be in excellent shape come race day. The White Mouse Racing "Rent a Drivers" are also in fairly good shape!

There are another five drivers that has confirmed their entry, so the field are now up to 30 drivers.

My favorites has to be 2H and if Christian Hoefler can keep his cool he is also up there. The botom line however is who will be the most race clever! There is going to be a lot of importance on qualifying, get in the wrong heat and you are screwed - to many crashes and you loose.

I still see some 10-15 guys as potential finalists, so the race will be a tough one.

Last test day is wednesday next - interesting to see how everyone shapes up at the final test!

Paal Hanson

Keld Hoefler

posted on 9-2-2006 at 17:36 Reply With Quote

3. day the tires test :car:

Christian was driving, i change tires, 6 set on to cars, because Christian and I preferred different setups.

At the start when everybody was driving 8,4 Christian smash the time with 7,61 and 7,69 with different tires/cars

Later on only one of the set was working just as well, and a 3. set of tire was working just as well.

Yes there is a lot of drivers who are fast, but I can only see a few there are fast enough to win, I think its gonna be between Pål, 2h, Christian and my self, maybe 2 more, one of them havent been training yet, but i race him on the track a couple of months ago, and he is fast, and Martin Borch is making him a car. :cry:

Keld
Paal

posted on 9-2-2006 at 19:08 Reply With Quote
Fianlists

Well, I still see some 10-15 guys that will fight over the 8 finals spots, however only one guy will take the laurels, and my bet is firmly set..........................

But to get there, in the finals, a good qualifying lap is needed, personally I know I can do that with my car, so can 2H, Keld and Christian, and a whole bunch of other drivers.

You really want to know who will win??????????????????? I wont tell, so you will have to wait. Suffice to say that I know who has the most stabel cars in the field:laugh: The race will show if they can also keep their cool and transfere this to hard results!

As the old saying goes.: "When the flag drops, the bullshit stops...."

Paal Hanson

willem
LMSadmin

Mood: Tired
posted on 10-2-2006 at 12:36 Reply With Quote
Fired up:(

Aren't we all fired up here or not:laugh: Can't wait to see the results:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JustMe

posted on 10-2-2006 at 13:09 Reply With Quote
well, just one day to go......

Last change to do some :coke: , :holy , or :upset: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Time to fix the guide nut with a tat of glue, oil the bearings, secure all the screws and measering your wheelbases again, 'cause you don't wanna be sorry tomorrow :m16:
Check your latest info courses to get that last bit of speed out of your chunk of metal :toilet:

Well gotta go, got some hot-mailin' to do, :D so cheers and good luck to all.

2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
driver.gif posted on 11-2-2006 at 01:16 Reply With Quote

As I told Tamar earlier tonight - the Danish Nationals is not 'till next weekend - February 18-19.

There's still a whole week to get fired up :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car:

Best regards
Henrik
Keld Hoefler

posted on 11-2-2006 at 14:47 Reply With Quote

And I am glad to know that it's next weekend, I just finished the latest car in the silicone box, tommorrow it will came out ant then its time to thin it and paint it and all that.
As i told Christian, dont do what the other ones doing, go around them insteed of after then, we make new fresh cars for the race, dont use anything twice :toilet: throw it out or sell it after a race :laugh:

Keld
Paal

posted on 13-2-2006 at 15:03 Reply With Quote

Well, here is the latest update from the danish silly season:D

I now have four cars ready on the work bench, setup and preparation by White Mouse Racing, for Michael Hudige, Søren Henriksen, Jens-Peter Christiansen and myself. We have allready supplied the chassis for Rolf Naehr and all he needs to do is fit the body.

My own prefered setup, has now been refined and adjusted, based on a Excel chassis. I have tires and rims ready, so wednesday is only going to be kind of a shakedown test for both my own and all the other cars I have built.

I am not sure anyone would buy a used car from Keld, all the test cars look quite beaten up, and it is allways good to know that Keld is building new cars, as that will always give changes in build quality, reliability and all the test results he has accumulated during the past three weeks:laugh:

So, The heat is on, who will be able to stand up to the preasure? 2H crumbled at Neumunster in october, Christian felt the preasure as well, Keld was nowhere, and Martin Borch best dane at Neumunster is not competing!! Some of the other danes at Neumunster could have been higher but came unprepared, and that will not happen at these nationals. So, who is the favorite??

On experience, race strategy and preparation it ought to be my good friend Henrik, on a good day he will beat us all! Then there is Christian, who on testing performance will have to be strong, strong favorite, it all depends on wether he can handle the preasure of beeing favorite! Next up is one of the Big Blue members Allan "Buller" Mouritsen who has been incredibly fast during testing, and the fact that he can run lap after lap around the track with his eyes (I´m not kidding!!) closed, makes him probably the biggest home favorite. There is also Anders Nilsen, who has gone very swiftly in testing, but who has also crashed left, right and center. Will he keep it in the slot?? And we have alle the young dudes, from Esbjerg and the rest of Jutland! We know absolutely nothing about them or their cars, but we do know they have been in constant contact with Tamar, I still cant quite figure out why:laugh:

Myself, well I go for a top qualifying, and then everything can happen..

Paal Hanson

Paal

posted on 13-2-2006 at 15:06 Reply With Quote

Sorry, but Henrik Bering should have been Anders Nilsen, sorry to both guys ;-)

Paal Hanson

Keld Hoefler

posted on 13-2-2006 at 17:09 Reply With Quote

You forgot Gorm Norregaard, if he is going to be fresh, i promised to help him with his car, Gorm cannot hold a skrewdriver, but he can drive.

Jørgen is also a chance you have not seen, he has drive around 7,4 with a car to light, and he is building a new, because the old is too long.

Keld
Paal

posted on 13-2-2006 at 21:31 Reply With Quote

I dont put anything into testing times that is set by underweight or illegal cars, like Jørgen or Gorms!!

But hey, they might have a good day!! Then again I still have to see a strong race from either, however Jørgen has good nowledge of the Big Blue so he might just spring a surprise!

Paal Hanson

Keld Hoefler

posted on 16-2-2006 at 11:42 Reply With Quote

latest, Christian run 7,4 several times with his Enzo

I run 7,6 with the 575 and had a free run with 32 laps in a row under 7,850 that schuld be enough to a place in the finals which is my personally goal.
My Enzo is 0,05 quicker than my 575 but i think the 575 is the nicest to look at, and top 8 is enough so i race the 575 and only have the enzo as a backup.

backup!!!! yes it is allowed to change cars between saturay and sunday

Keld
tamar

posted on 16-2-2006 at 13:53 Reply With Quote
Pictures???

Hello Keld

Could you post some pictures??

With kind regards
Tamar
Keld Hoefler

posted on 16-2-2006 at 15:55 Reply With Quote

all cars own produktion, the 575 is 24 and 24,5 gr.
the enzo's has been test objects and is 35 to 22 gr. the 4 i use is all under 28 gr.
http://www.slotworld.dk/nurnberg/dm1.JPG

http://www.slotworld.dk/nurnberg/dm2.JPG

http://www.slotworld.dk/nurnberg/dm3.JPG

http://www.slotworld.dk/nurnberg/dm4.JPG

some of them is badly hurt after +10 hour on a blue king and several times on the wall/floor :laugh:

but its all fun and having a good time with a lot of friends.

Keld
JustMe

posted on 17-2-2006 at 11:26 Reply With Quote
Ferrari fan?

you should contact Enzo.......

Compliments though, on your GFK/Carbon production. From the distance, they look good too..... In the 2,5 years we've been growing body's, we've made 4.... Although these were all different models: a Matra, a Viper, a 575, and a 333 and the little something White Mouse keep in their safe:cool:

But carefull not to shoot yaself in the foot, all those cars need attention, and a lot too, otherwise they wouldn't be running nice. Don't know if you have enough time to look after all those cars (I can tell ya, it can be a pain in the *** working on so many)

Also nice to know that whenever RFH gets lost again somewhere North we'll be racing other GTS's and not those woosy LMP's ;):puke:

O, that's right: this time it is Friday for the race huh?:comp1:
Let me try again:

Last chance to do some relaxing, drinking or............well, you know. ;)
Time to fix the guide nut with a tat of glue, oil the bearings, secure all the screws and measering your wheelbases again, 'cause you don't wanna be sorry tomorrow
Check your latest info courses to get that last bit of speed out of your chunk of metal.

Wishing you guys luck hope to be seeing you soon. :car:

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top