Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: Porsche 996 GT3
  Post new thread Poll:  
Paal

Mood: Dont Worry Be Happy
posted on 9-5-2006 at 07:06 Reply With Quote
Porsche 996 GT3

A few weeks ago Tamar said LMPs where "So last year....." in a mail to 2H and myself. Well spured on by this I´m now building a whole hord of GT cars, the first beeing a Porsche 996 GT3 (Wiesel resin body) mounted on a M-Racing C1 chassis (With a few Paal mods...), Fox II motor 12/44 gearing, 27 x 13 mm Black Magic tires at the rear, hard fronts. All according to our Danish Nationals GT rules. Now, I hear Tamar say "A Porsche 996 GT3, even thats soooo last year........" Well yeah, but I kinda like the idea of making a smalish and nimble car that can handle some of the "Mickey Mouse" tracks that we race on here in Denmark, and as I am not a master in making carbon fiber bodies I have to wait untill someone makes an Aston Martin that I can build, without grinding 200 KG out of a resin body!

http://www.scaleracing.dk/57/Image/996redbull.JPG

First stage finished, just had to have that Red Bull racer.....

http://www.scaleracing.dk/57/Image/996rbsiden.JPG

Now 99% finished, still needs the headlight covers, mirrors and wipers, will come before thursday.

Did a shakedown test yesterday on 2H small "Pista Balloco" and it works nicely. Still need to make a few adjustments on the setup and weight distribution, hopefully this will give me another few 10ths on the lap times.

It will get its race debut on thursday at the 4th. race of the Danish Nationals GT series, and i desperately need a top three finish, realisticly though a top 3 seems remote with a brand new car and on a track that I have not raced on for over a year, so I´ll actually be happy with a top 10 result.

Paal Hanson

Vikings Scaleracing Club, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top