Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

EEC 1/24 FIA GT: EEC Oslo
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2
2h

Mood: Just looking for a fat lady...
posted on 8-2-2008 at 15:06 Reply With Quote

Thanks for a great race and event. Good to see you all again and meeting some new people :D

FU CK the thieves :finger: that is not cool in anyway. Nick and Fola have been working their asses off in order to make various parts ready, they sell them at a reasonable price - so just pay for the stuff you need. Nick had misplaced a complete Maser body in the Jaguar XJR-14 package i got. I could have kept it, but hell no, I of course returned it to Nick - should probably just have paid him another 150€.... :car:

On another note, equally as important, lanechanging rules: Marshalls move the cars, not teammembers!!

Best regards
Henrik
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 8-2-2008 at 16:05 Reply With Quote

If we look at our WMR Jr. F430, there is no doubt that it suffered also from the bad setup decission made by myself. Of course both Rene and Oliver have only contested 3 international races so far, so they are also on a steep learning curve. We will try to make their car as stabel and easy to drive as posible and take it from there.

But Rolfs point about the Porsche´s relative quality compared to the F430 is well taken.

Nick´s suggestion of a resistor seems a good way to go, without killing the motor with too much weight. However if we cant even police whether the teams cheat with tire conditioner or not, how do we ensure that the resistor stays soldered in for the whole race??

Less rules makes for better racing in my book, so if something is not policeable/controleable it should maybe be removed from the rules.

I also believe that the top 5 is going to stay pretty much stabel no matter what we do. And that is because the engineering talent and driving talent of the guys and gals in the top 5 teams are huge!!

The rest of us just have to move ourselfs closer to their level, and this goes for both GT1 and GT2.

And just to illustrate that the Porsche in the right hands could prove much faster, I have this litle story:

In 2004 I think it was, at the IMCA Worlds Henrik and I had to drive two different 911s in JPs Lemans 1970 remake. I dont remember who built the first one we drove, but it was a shitbox and handled like crap. The second one we drove was built by Dieter Jens and was a real pocket rocket, and had Henrik and I had more driving talent that little car could have taken us to the top of the Franco Gianotti Cup!

My point?? Well, get the chassis and body engineering right, and the Porsche will be a sure winner in GT2.

Enough said, I will now shut my mouth, and start testing and testing and then test some more, to be more prepared at the next race!

See you soon.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

posted on 8-2-2008 at 16:35 Reply With Quote
the resistor is controlable

cause if a team makes the effort of going to the pits, open their car, solder out the resistor, close their car and go back on track, this whole operation should be noticable by TC or others. Also cause, when the resistor is out, their car will be remarkably quicker then before!

On the 430 vs Porsche battle.
I think the 430 should be better to drive because of it's dimensions, however it's hard to tell after Oslo, because in my view with all respect, Kai should belong in GT1, he is a good and experienced builder, who knows the ins and outs of a slotcar well.
Then the 430 of WMJ, of which Pol is admitting he/they couldn't get their right setup. To be honest I don't know the guys of the second placed Porsche, and what their normal pace is/would be.
To have had a more fair beginning of the season, the organisation should have had some well known builder build both cars and test. But that's another 'what if'.

Bill

Mood: No Mood
posted on 9-2-2008 at 02:28 Reply With Quote

Hey everyboby...
First I will thank you all for a great weekend in Oslo and that you all came the long way to snowie Norway :cool: and we are very thankful for the positive feedback witch comes from all of you :holy:holy THANK YOU....
I`ll hope to see you all again next eehh...."summer" :-)
As for the to guys racing the Porsche who came in second they are up there with Glenn and me in national races. Maybe just a bit more unstable. With a better body "maybe Nick`s kind" and some more time testing, I think they would be even closer to Kai ;)
Again thank you all... se you in Merlijn :D:D:D

Badet Raceway :coke:

He who dies with the most toys.....Wins :-)
Gert

posted on 9-2-2008 at 18:33 Reply With Quote
I agree with this option

The option of restrictors will be the best controlabel for the TC, Race director and all the other drivers.
And you dont have to solder anything in ore out of the car.

Quote:
Origineel gepost door JustMe

MY answer to this, although it would need some continues checking, is making 'restricktors' for either the Maser or the 1st, 2nd and 3th finisher, which take out 1.0, 0.7 and 0.3 Volt from a team. These restrictors should be plugged between controller and track.

Kaitsu

Mood: No Mood
posted on 12-2-2008 at 09:10 Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

thanks for everything. Special thanks to norwegian organizers. Oslo 12 hours was great meeting.

It was really strange to hear that somebody has stolen these kind of items of Nick. I have always trusted people in slot meetings. I even left my digicamera on the our table during practice session...

I also lost something. But this was my own mistake. I probably forgot the first pair of handout tyres to the tyre changing table (in canteen) on sunday morning. If somebody has seen pair of this kind of tyres with silver coloured Ferrari F430 rim inserts could you please bring back them to me. I will pay the postage. Tyres are not so necessary but I would need these inserts...

About weight rules. I just noticed that weight calculator give my car about 10 g lighter to Merlijin than in Oslo... I understand the minimum weight is same to all, but top guns have to use 3 x 5 grams under the bonnet. These means their center of gravity goes higher and weight distrubution goes more front. Very challenging to adjust the car

GT1 or GT2? I think Mika Salo is a good and experienced racer, who knows the driving of a racing car well. Despite of this he is racing in GT2 :car:

One question to Plafit guys. Could you please tell me who did sell you these Plafit brand carbon fibre chassis parts? I checked this site: www.plafit.de. I only found steel, aluminium and brass parts. I would like to use carbon parts also in MoMo, but MoMo don't make this kind of parts. :cry:

Best Regards

Kai Kivekäs
Scuderia Kaitserrari
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 12-2-2008 at 10:39 Reply With Quote
Small mistake

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaitsu
About weight rules. I just noticed that weight calculator give my car about 10 g lighter to Merlijin than in Oslo...

Hello Kai

The different value was an error, a small typo in the data base. Should be the same now, thank for mentioning it.

More news on weight, handicap and rules later.

With kind regards
Tamar
piraya_disco

Mood: Waiting for the postman..
posted on 12-2-2008 at 12:45 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Hi guys,

One question to Plafit guys. Could you please tell me who did sell you these Plafit brand carbon fibre chassis parts? I checked this site: www.plafit.de. I only found steel, aluminium and brass parts. I would like to use carbon parts also in MoMo, but MoMo don't make this kind of parts. :cry:

Best Regards

Kai Kivekäs
Scuderia Kaitserrari

check u2u..
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 12-2-2008 at 15:12 Reply With Quote

Quote:

Best Regards

Kai Kivekäs
Scuderia Kaitserrari

Hi guys,

I'm asking myself question when I read Kai's article (see quote). Carbon parts are no official Plafit parts!! They can be purchased in Trier but officially Plafit sells only the allumium stuff.

My question: as we consider these parts as tuning parts, may we use them for the Worlds 2008? If yes -> Yippie Hurra :bounc:

For the interested people check following URL.

Link to SLP-Shop

The carbon stuff can be found under "Carbonteile" (left navigation window)

Cheers,
Mike
piraya_disco

Mood: Waiting for the postman..
posted on 12-2-2008 at 21:28 Reply With Quote

Is there in fact anyone of the chassis manufacturers (plafit, shoeler ++++......) who produce their own carbon parts..?!
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 12-2-2008 at 22:28 Reply With Quote

M-Racing have a range of original carbon parts.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top